cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning a different mask for the same role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two users user1 and user2 are created in MDM and each assigned to the same role say role1.

My requirement is user1 should get data of catagory 1 where as user2 should get all the main data in MDM.This catagory 1 is part of the main data.

For this scenario i have created a mask say for example catagory1_mask for catagory1 data and assigned this mask to the role role1 where user1 and user2 are being assigned to this role.

And i have one more mask all_mask for user2 where i have assigned all the records of the main table to this mask. So when user2 logs into the MDM he would get all the data in MDM.

If i assign this all_mask to the role1 user1 cal also access the whole data including user2. But as per the rqmt user1 should not access the whole data but have to access only catgory1 data.

Can anybody advice me how can i assign a different masks to a one role when 2 users have been assigned the same role?

Regards

Sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only solution that I can suggest is Duplicate the Role and assigned the two roles to two different users according to the requirements.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to create duplicate role for my role1 by right clicking on the role1 and i selected "Duplicate the role". But its going to the admin role and in the role details pane only user column is enabled remaining properties like name and description are disabled.After givig the user name its giving the error " Role Name Already exists". But i cannt change the role name as its disabled.

Can you pleae guide me how can i create duplicate role?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here duplicate means with different name having same functionality. Use roles in this way.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anyone please give your inputs?

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the Duplicate Role functionality in SP06 Patch-2 and its working as expected i.e. it is creating the duplicate role along with the functions while in the lower versions it is creating the role of type Admin as you have stated.

So the solution for your query is that you have to create the two different roles of same permissions except the Mask table rights and assign them to the users.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I have checked in the new version. Its working fine now. But my issue is i have probably 20 users assigned to the same role1. In this case performance wise is it fine if i create duplicate role for each user. I think if this is the solution i have to create minimum 40 duplicate roles including for user1 and user2...

Please adive me...

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It does not depend on the number of users or roles it completely depends on the number of masks that are to be created according to the requirement. Say if you are creating two masks 1 for first 10 users and the other for the remaining users then you have to create the two roles with same access rights except the Mask table and you can assign the same role to 10 different uesrs.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

JItesh,

Thank you for all your replies...

My issue is solved now..

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I am getting one issue after creating duplicate role in portal.

As u know i have created 2 duplicate roles for user1 and user2. Before creating the duplicate role i was able to see the user1 and user2 in the SRM MDM UI page of general tab.

After creating the duplicate roles for these users am not getting the user1 and user2 in the User dropdown field of MDM UI screen...

Is this bcoz of creating duplicate role?

How can i get the user1 and user2 here?

Please advice me...

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of SRM-MDM Catalog but tgis I can assure you that the issue is not with the duplicate roles I think Mask can be the issue try removing the Mask from one user's role and check whether the user is visible in the UI or post the thread and lets see the replies from the people who are working on SRM-MDM. They may help us regarding this.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejest,

No its problem with the duplicate role only.

I have checked by deleting the mask for duplicate rol1 where user1 is assigned to this role.Now no mask is assigned to the duplicate role.I have checked in UI i cannot c the user1.

In UI i can c all the users which r assigned to the original/standard role only. I have checked again by adding user1 to this standard role i.e., from where i have created duplicate role. Then its displaying user1 in the UI.

So i understand that only users assigned to the standard/original role will be displayed in the MDM UI.

Regards

Sireesha.

Answers (0)