cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured my development as domain controller,and added quality to it. Now i have released the request in the development in se01 t,code. then i have logged into qas system to import it. I went to stms t.code in qas and try to import the request no.can some one guide me how to import a request into qas.i will award a good points. please explain it breifly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

need some more help from kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushal helped me to resolve the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal,

I have just released a request from 110 from my develoment system.I need to import this request to my 200 client quality system. I have already added quality into the domain controller development.

Now my promblem is in my quality system extras-other request-add. i am giving the trasnport request no. which i released in the devlopment.it ask to me add the request to the trasnport queue of quality.When i click yes, yet i could not see my transport request displayed in the queue.i can see co-file and data file of the request in usr/sap/trans... etc.i have refreshed many times but not yet suxceeded.

Where iam doing the mistake. please assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you release the request from DEV server client then after login in QAS client

and run tcode STMS_IMPORT

here you can see the request for QAS queue.

just press refresh so it's built the queue again fro newly released request.

my quality system extras---other request---add. i am giving the trasnport request no

-> this only required if you want to import transport request again or you perform manual import ( i.e by copying data file and cofile)

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have released the request in DEV and when i go for stms-inport in QAS, even after refresh i cannot see my released request of dev in the QAS Queue.Schould the request to be displayed automatically in QAS queue after refresh without adding or any activity.Were iam doing the mistake.Please help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing,after releasing the request in dev server, in dev server,se01 t.code in global information, i can a green colur transport as 1 request, repairs 0. When i click on it, it displays the exported request from dev server. In dev server, it shows me, pre-export methods,export are suxcessful, but in qas system it shows me " import steps not specefic to the transport request". Is this is the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have released the request in DEV and when i go for stms-inport in QAS, even after refresh i cannot see my released request of dev in the QAS Queue

it's due to following reason. ( I assumed that TMS configuration is OK )

-> request is saved as a local request in DEV system. ( i.e $TMP package)

-> released request does not contain target system.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the support.

1. The request which i have released it is not saved in local change request.the request number itself have only a package as an ingredients in it.Please see the path how it is coming :

workbench

QAS

Released

Request Number.( this request no. is released)

2. As you said how to find wether it is having the target system.As for i have confiured the trasnport route from dev to QAS.please explain this ellobrateley.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

run tcode SE09 enter your user and check workbench request , check released click display

now you see the released request.

double click on that

now click properties tab.

and look against target system.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you kaushal.

I have checked the path as you said.i can find my QAS in the target system. so the point is clear that the released request is having the trget system. So where is iam doing the mistake.

one thing is after releasing the request from dev it schould automatically to be seen in the QAS Queue ( Some refresh to be done).Kindly assist.is there anything to be done with transport group in the domain controller.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

transport group required within DEV,QAS and PRD.

provide the complete information of TMS configuration.

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: kaushal malavia on May 28, 2008 11:24 AM

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Appreciate for your help how you supported me.

Just struck up with the TMS. I have released the request which is not stored in the local package and as well has target system showing me as QAS. But yet i could not see the request in QAS Queue inspite of many times refresh. Can some one guide where iam doing the mistake.My domain controller is configured well.

I did not add the PRD system in the domain controller and just now configured the domain controller as two system landscape.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have not configured PRD yet. as of now i have only DEV and QAS.I have defined the domain as Two System landscape.configuration.I have assigned QAS to DEV as DEV is my domain controller.And it has been suxcessfully added. I have checked the transport Group for both DEV and QAS. Both are coming inside the same Transport group "Group_DEV".

Now the poblem is Iam releasing the request in DEV, and wehn iam going for QAS to import it, i cannot see the request in QAS Queue. i have refreshed many times.I have checked the target system ---it is showing me QAS.

Where I have to check to solve this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

login on QAS system and execute STMS_IMPORT now provide the result for

Queue -> check -> transport tool

and

Queue -> check -> consistency

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Queue-Check--Transport tool

I get QAS

tp interface

Transport Profile

RFC Destination

tp call

all in right click mark.

For queue-check-consistency---output the file size

Data files 0 kbytes

cofiles 0 kybytes

Please let me know if you want any further data.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login in to DEV system

run tcode se09 select released request -> display

now click on released request and click transport log ( ctrl + shift + F2)

provide screen information.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have attached the screen shot to your yahoo mail id. Please check. I could not attach here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

problem in transport group only.

login into DEV client 000.

run STMS -> overview -> systems

double click on QAS system. -> click on change now select communication tab.

under transport group

name = GROUP_QAS

save and distribute the configuration.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have two system landscape or three system landscape ?

when you release the request from SE01 does it contain the target system? if target system is blank then you can not import this request in QAS.

for that you need to configure transport route.

check following for stms configuration

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is a three system landscape. and i have configured the development,quality and production transdport routes.in each request in se01 t.code i can find the above the request

---> qas, that is it reporting towards qas. Though the thread which u forwarded is useful , can you please explain steps for releasing the request from development and how to import it inot qas.Thank you for your instant reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is z-devlopment request then it's belongs to z-package.

for that first of all you need to create z-development package using se80.

after creating the package you need to transport this package to QAS and PRD

now when you develop any report in DEV system make sure it's belongs to package not $TMP ( it's local development you can't transport it).

once request it created in dev system then using se09 you can release it.

now in QAS system run tcod stms_import then press refresh. once you get request in transport queue of QAS system then you can import it by clicking half-loaded truck icon in QAS system

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said, i can import the request into qas by stms t.code. once the request is added in the import queue, then i need to click on the half-loaded truck.Can you please ellobrate it step wise.thank you

You said to maintain all the devlopments in a package ( zpackage). Is this followed in rela time projects.....thank you for the support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

once you see the request in your transport queue.

then click on request, now click on half loaded truck (import request shift + f11 )

then

in target client -> client number of SAP system where you want to import request.

select execution tab

you can select any one of this option.

Synchronous: request is import in foreground mode.

Asynchronous: request is import in background mode.

prefer Synchronous so you can identify the error at a time of import.

now last tab option:

uncheck leave transport request in queue for later import.

maintain all the devlopments in a package ( zpackage). Is this followed in real time projects

-> yes you need to create the package for various modules ( i.e ZMM, ZPP, etc ) for your customer specific development.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

You can enter tcode : stms or stms_import on your QAS and

then click on request number and then clickon hald loaded truck Icon.

Provide the target Client .. Check whether you wish to move the request immediately or ...

Click on Execution Tab : Check whether you wish to go for

Asynchronous or Synchronous and then

Click on Option tab : Check the first tab If you wish to leave the Transport Request in Queue for Later Import.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Deepanshu