cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro or Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me the difference between Webdynpro and Portal?

To which stack of the SAP Netweaver platform do they belong?

Also plz tell which one of them is better in the sense that they have less of java coding??

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pankaj,

the main difference b/w webdynpro and portals is ,

webdynpro is used to develop applications, which can be configured on to the portal i.e., we develop an application in webdynpro and that application is put in the portal.

Portal can be seen in two different angles,

1.portal development

2.portal configuration

portal development needs a knowledge of java programming and prt config. need not. but it wud be better if u have java knowledge.

prt development is done in the portal perspective in NWDS and for configuration u need to log in to the portal.

Coming to ur later question, webdynpro reduces the burden of coding by generating the code(u can concentrate more on UI part, by jst drag drop which is easy) and u need to fill the respective methods for ur application and it is the same in portals too but only difference is u have to create the UI too by writing the code.

Hope this will clear atleast some part of ur doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for ur answer

It has got a part of my doubts cleared

But I had posted one more question.To which stack of Netweaver does the webdynpro and Portal belong to?

Plz answer

thanx

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

the SAP NetWeaver Portal is based on the java stack, i.e. SAP NetWeaver AS Java.

For Web Dynpro, it depends:

Web Dynpro Java is based on - yes: java stack.

Web Dynpro ABAP ... exactly.

Regards, Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pankaj,

i think you have got ur answer from Boris.

All the best