Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Transaction in SCAT is not highlighting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SCAT transaction, Test Case --> Record Transaction, is not highlighted, and I m not able to record transaction nor select the record function module.

Can u please help me what configuration I have to do so that I have the authorization to select the recording. As I have to do recoding on T-codes.

<removed_by_moderator>

thank you

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 30, 2008 9:25 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure this is a security issue?

If you use SCAT as a search term in the top level of the expert forums you'll find literally hundreds of threads about using scat.

Jurjen

P.S.

What exactly are you trying to ask with "<removed_by_moderator>"?

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 30, 2008 9:26 AM

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure this is a security issue?

If you use SCAT as a search term in the top level of the expert forums you'll find literally hundreds of threads about using scat.

Jurjen

P.S.

What exactly are you trying to ask with "<removed_by_moderator>"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version are you on? In ECC you need to use SECATT

0 Kudos

hi, Alex,

I m using ecc 6. I want to record the transaction su01 for the user creation, so I m using SCAT.

0 Kudos

As Alex suggested, use SECATT. SCAT is old and should not be used to create new testscripts anymore.

0 Kudos

Hello Kings,

although the button to record transaction might be still available, there is no more function behind that. In the status line of your window you should get the message TT005 then.

Since 2002 there is no further developement for scat, only ecatt (transaction SECATT) is supported (because some CATT functions are not compatible with the 'new' R/3 functions (such as SAP Control Frameworks which is used in SAP Enjoy transaction like ME21n, ALV,....). Therefore they introduced more powerful test tool eCATT, which enables you to record those transactions with control frameworks using SAPGUI scripting. )

Please review the SECATT threads for more information....

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

As the other posters have said, you will need to use SECATT or LSMW. If you were on ECC5 you could trick SCAT to work but ECC6 it just doesn't work at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

thank you for your co-operation as your answers were helpful for me, but I have still some doubts, for I will search the forum and documentation.

thank you...

<removed_by_moderator>