cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Carrier partner fn is defined as Vendor partner type in SD. Does it mean it can only be used during inbound?

What if I want to use a 3rd party or customer assigned carrier on the outbound, can i maintain customer record under the same CR partner function acct group (or pur grp)?? Or do I have to create a new acct grp and assign the same partner fn CR (or create a new partner func ZR with partner type as customer) to create carrier customer record??? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma Kanth

Carrier partner fn is defined as Vendor partner type in SD. Does it mean it can only be used during inbound?

no , it can be used in outbound also, for example transporter or Forwarding agent for shipment.

What if I want to use a 3rd party or customer assigned carrier on the outbound, can i maintain customer record under the same CR partner function acct group (or pur grp)??

as it is vendor type, you can define as vendor all your 3rd party and/or customer assigned carrier.

you can user CR in your partner procedure of Customer, sales order , delivery..etc and configure in such a way that it flows in all documents.

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain me the term forwarding agent, checker in shipment (r they partner func, how r they used?). I am working with a shipment consultant to create a design where the driver in shipment is matched with the delivery. How can I achieve this? I am not familiar with shipment module, can we create a shipment order and associate to delivery and do a match? Still not sure how the match functionality will work.

So I can use CR to create customer records, I wanted to provide user a functionality to search for CR in sales order, right now I think CR is created under standard pur org 0001, but if I maintain new acct grp and assign it to CR, I can search by acct grp. Any suggestions?

Answers (0)