cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manuall java system copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

Accourding to JAVA(NW04s) system copy guide, it's mandatory to use CI EXPORT/IMPORT to ajust the difference JAVA ID(IDXXXXXX) and SDM info of source and target system.

In our environment,

1st, install source system

2nd, install target system

3rd, export ci from source system

4th, import ci into target system

in 4th phase, existing CI is overwrited during being imported.

And modify JAVA IDXXXXXXX in database to fit IDXXXXXXXX in insternce.properties(file system)

All done by SAPINST,,,,only database.

Does anyone know how to ajust manually instead of

CI EXPORT/IMPORT???

Because CI IMP/EXP takes some time, it can be

downtime.I'd like to create bat script to do this.

I wish there is some script to change JAVA IDXXXXX

in Database by SQL Command or something.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

MASAKI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Does anyone know how to ajust manually instead of

> CI EXPORT/IMPORT???

There is no way of doing this (no official and/or documented way).

> Because CI IMP/EXP takes some time, it can be

> downtime.I'd like to create bat script to do this.

The system can keep on running while you do that.

> I wish there is some script to change JAVA IDXXXXX

> in Database by SQL Command or something.

This won't be enough.

The secure store must be "recreated", all references to the old hostname must be changed (in the database as well as in the .properties files) etc. This "magic" is done by sapinst.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Thank you for you advice.

You are definitely right...

>The secure store must be "recreated", all references to the old hostname must be changed (in the database as well as in the .properties >files) etc. This "magic" is done by sapinst.

Sorry, I don't know a lot about the secure store. Does this mean Secure Store and Forward (SSF) ???

And "recreated" means not required setting after run ci import for secure store??

I could be wrong but i guess the secure store is a fuction for Certification Authorities such as connection

between BI-JAVA and BI-ABAP or ArchiveLink of content server. So I wonder if it's required to reset connection

between SAP Servers.

If possible, please refer me to document describing the relationship between ci import function and secure store.

Best Regards

MASAKI

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> >The secure store must be "recreated", all references to the old hostname must be changed (in the database as well as in the .properties >files) etc. This "magic" is done by sapinst.

>

> Sorry, I don't know a lot about the secure store. Does this mean Secure Store and Forward (SSF) ???

> And "recreated" means not required setting after run ci import for secure store??

It's a java program, that's executed with parameters and creates a "secure store" - means, encrypted passwords.

> If possible, please refer me to document describing the relationship between ci import function and secure store.

I'd stop trying to do a Java copy manually. You may get it to work with lots of manual work - but the time you need to invest will be more than a sapinst run will cost you.

I'm sure there are methods of doing this, but since many things can go wrong if you really don't know what to do I wouldn't do it. In case the support will look on the system and will see, that something weird is going on, they may refrain from helping you because you didn't use the supported way of copying Java systems.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

I really agree with your comment.

Thank you very much.

Regards

MASAKI