cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i use nwdi to modify existing standard web dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to change some existing application of web dynpro Java. I found solution nwdi would help in that. But how i use it can any one explain me in detail. Nwdi has already installed over here. So can i use it can explain me step by step.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to import the WD application to your NWDS and then you need to checkout the code for making any changes after making the chanhes you have to checkin the code.

First you need to setup the portal path in

1. WIndow->Preferences->Java Development Infrastructure->development Configurations.

2. You have to create a client in DTR by going into DTR Perspective.

3. Import the configuration from the track (this is your standard WD application) in Development Configurations Perspective.

4. Create the project from Inactive DCs tab.

5. Navigate to WD Perspective and build the project.

6. Check out the code to make chnages

7. Checkin the code after making the changes

8. Test the application in Portal

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VVLakshmi Chunduru ,

Thanks for quick responce. I am new bee in NWDI . So please explain me step by step . Here i am not able to undetstad How i configure DTR for client.

Please explain step by step.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Convert the webdynpro application to Development component then make changes as in the case of DC.

with below procedure you can convert webdynpro component to development component.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9e/1c200ac164cf4a942f2dacdf3359e9/frameset.htmmodifying it.

Thanks & Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I am not able to open that link so post some other link if possible and also provide some docs regarding it if possible.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt get your problem.Can you please explain in detail the problem.

regards,

amit bagati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to modify some standard dynpro application which is availble in com.sap. Can any one help me how can i do that ?

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its provided by SAP, make a copy of them and then start modifying.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for Answer but can u tell me how can i do it ? or Any supporting docuement for that,.

Regards,,

Gurprit Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj KV

But how i copy existing one ? How i changed that one ? Please explain briefly.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia