cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1. I created 2 plants ZAAT and ZAAY, i copy from plant 1000 and 1300 respectively, but i couldn't change the name and rest of fields.

2. When i finished to create the plants there were a message " plant XX copied to YY without 6 number range objects", what does this mean? this affects the assign process or further steps?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Plant description can be changed, when you do copy from exesting plant, the system copies it with the same name. You may go to SPRO --> Enterprise Structure --> defenition --> Logistics General --> Define Plant

Select your plant --> view details --> You can see an address maintenance button on top right hand side (Envolope icon). --> Click on that, change the name.

The number range issue is not having much problem. Even there is a missing number ranges, you can maintain when it is asking for it at the time of transactions. So go ahead..

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Regarding your first question, I created a new plant by copying plant 0001. Even I couldn't change name and rest of fields.

But there is a note which indicates "Address data can only be maintained in the address screen. The change can only be seen in the overview and detail view after they have been saved."

So, once you save your plant and in Address button maintain data about your plant and transport your request, then you would be seeing that your plant record is updated.

2. Did system specify which number range objects were not copied?

If it did, did you make a note of it.

May be, you could manually maintain these number range objects.

I tried and have no problem at my side. It might be related to your system.