cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Test the individualmapping field and conditions...

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I done mapping from source to destination as per tech spec in my scenario based on some conditions

i used node functions also..

But my question is how to test the every mapping filed , condition is correct or not, what i used node function working properly or not...

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can test your mapping using the Test functionality in the Message Mapping window.

1. Click on the Test tab (next to Design tab)

2. It will load the instance of the XML automatically

3. Click on the execute icon

4. The result will show whether the mapping is successful or not. You can now check whether this is the map which you expected.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to check mapping for individual mapping then in design go to test tab and put your data there and then come again on Design tab and click on any target field fro which you want to check mapping then right click on target field in mpping area and click on Display queue and check whether it is expected output for that particular field mapping.

Regards

Sami

Reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In mapping editor test tab you can able to test your mapping:

The following things are necessary for mapping test:

1) Prepare Unit Test data

2) Segment level Unit Test

3) Negative Test cases.

Thanks,

Boopathi

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Another thing that you can do will be that while testing take your source structure and replicate the nodes having occurence more than one and see if they are replicated properly or not. Right click and select the option duplicate subtree in the source tab.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

In message mapping simply right click and disable the field in the target structure which you don't want to check.

suppose you have 4 nodes on the receiver side and you want to test only 1 of them ,then disable the other 3 nodes.only disadvantage of this is that you need to disable nodes individually.

Thanx

Aamir