cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter - Fixed Length

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a Fixed File(Sender). With 3 fields. NO Header. Space is the separator for each fields

VendorNumber 10 bytes

VendorName 10 bytes

City 5 bytes

In the File we can have multiple records.

The Root Node is Vendor.

I am trying to define the SENDER FILE ADAPTER in the following way (I have referred mostly all the blogs) but my file is not picking up for some reason.

File looks like this

V123456789 A123456789 Bosto

V234567890 B123456789 Atlan

V334587900 C123456789 Austi

Note : I have been asked to give the Transport Protocol as "NFS" (Whether this is the problem???) I have summarised the complete details below. Please help me

Adapter Type : File Sender

Transport Protocol : NFS

Message Protocol : File Content Convervsion

Adapter Engine : Integration Server

FILE ACCESS PARAMETERS

-

Source Directory : /business

file Name : vendor.txt

Content Conversion Parameters

-

Document Name : Vendor

Document NameSpace: http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge

Recordsetname : Message1

Record Structure : File_MT,*

Recordset Sequence: Ascending

Key Field type : String(Case Sensitive)

Additional Parameters

-

File_MT.fieldFixedLengths 10,10,5

File_MT.fieldNames VendorNumber,VendorName,City

File_MT.fieldSeparator

File_MT..processFieldNames fromConfiguration.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Do check the following things,

>>Note : I have been asked to give the Transport Protocol as "NFS" (Whether this is the problem???) I have summarized the complete details below. Please help me

1.If your file resides on your local network/local computer give NFS(Network file system). if your file resides on a FTP location give FTP and also give the FTP log on parameters.

Additional Parameters

-

File_MT.fieldFixedLengths 10,10,5

File_MT.fieldNames VendorNumber,VendorName,City

File_MT.fieldSeparator

File_MT..processFieldNames fromConfiguration

2.If this structure does not match with the input file structure the file adapter wont pick up the file. So check for the help document provided by SAP in the following path.

help.sap.com --> Documentation --> SAPNetWeaver --> SAPNetWeaver '04 --> English --> process integration --> SAP Exchange Infrastructure --> connectivity --> Adapters --> File Adapter

Your file contains three records

V123456789 A123456789 Bosto

V234567890 B123456789 Atlan

V334587900 C123456789 Austi

You have mentioned the fieldSeperator as space but there is no File_MT.endSeparator '/n' which differentiates between each and every row (record).

Parameters for Record set Structures mentioned in the sender adapter configuration does not match with the actual file structure .

Try giving exact structures in the configuration of sender file adapter.

regards,

Aravindh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

>>Note : I have been asked to give the Transport Protocol as "NFS" (Whether this is the problem???) I have summarised the complete details below. Please help me

It's not a problem as long as your file is accessible to your file adapter.

Where exactly you file resides ? On XI unix server itself or desktop or shared drive ?

if it is on desktop or shared drive then check this thread for configuring your source directory

Also check the status of you adapter in Runtime Workbench->Component Monitoring->Adapter Engine->Adapter Monitoring. Check if your sender adapter is activated and is in green status.

Regards

Anand