cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving Records ( lookup table values) using Java API

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to insert into MDM table, retrieve, do text search (Drill Down Search), and populate the records on the custom screens using Java APIs.

But while populating the records in a table, if certain field is bound to a lookup table. the corrosponding value displayed on the screen is some value( i cant figure out what it is, sure is alphanumaric).

What could be the issue?

Regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you have a look at the code provided by SAP - MDM Java API 5.5 SP 6 Patch 1 and 2 ?

If you are getting alphanumeric value, it is very likely that you are displaying the ID information rather than value.

You can find the above code in Articles -> MDM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0eb1f75-136d-2a10-99b2-ea60f1de...

Regards,

Subramanian V.

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using Patch 0 of MDM 5.0.

I am thinking of trying ahead considering it as record ID of the lookup table.

seems like it would need a bit of hardcoding of the field Name of Lookup table, But lets see. will post the code if i succeed.

Thanks for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a certain field in the main table is a flat lookup, the retrieval gives the Record Id for which the value is selected.

To get the display value, u need to search using this record id in the Flat lookup table to which the field is mapped to.

basically u need to execute the RetrieveRecordsByIdCommand on the recordid and get the values.

Let me know, if you are still not clear on it.

Best Regards,

-Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use the method setSupportingResultDefinitions to specify all the result set definitions that you would be needing. Try to add the result sets for your flat lookup tables to your RetrieveRecordsByIdCommand.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pass the Resultdefinition of the lookup table, to the RetrieveRecords class using the method setSupportingResultDefinitions

If you do this, u can get the lookup Field value using the method getLookupDisplayValue.

Thanks,

Priya.