Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

composite role generate

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

i had created some single roles(z:xxxxx) and assigned to one composite role z:basis_admin. then i assigned to one user. But it is saying that, some roles doen contain authorisation profiles.

Actually i copied standard role to my namespace and assigned to composite role. but i had not done the profile genration at single role level.

is there any procedure for doing composite role generation.

But i tried SUPC, PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY, it is not solved my problem

thanks for your answers

regards

Ramesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Composite roles are just a combination of ur single roles which makes ur user assignment easier. they don't have profiles so there is no concept of generating them.

Use SUPC with 'roles with no profiles' to get the list of ungenerated single roles. and generate them.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Composite roles are just a combination of ur single roles which makes ur user assignment easier. they don't have profiles so there is no concept of generating them.

Use SUPC with 'roles with no profiles' to get the list of ungenerated single roles. and generate them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is the single roles which you copied are not generated as most of the SAP delivered roles intially are not generated...try generating these profiles if it helps you..

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

It may because of the standard role in which the Authorization / Profile may not me generated, so better copy the standard SAP role to a Zxxxx role (z role) and generate the authorization / profile, then copy the Zxxxx role to your desired composite role.

This is followed because we should not modify any standard SAP role as we already knew it..

I think This will workout for u in the composite role.

thank you.

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on May 19, 2008 11:22 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Kings,

I do not understand your reply. This is just a summary of the description of Ramesh and the reply of Anil...???? What am I missing?

thx, Bernhard

0 Kudos

> What am I missing?

Probably the fact that some people give points even for duplicating answers. And if points mean the world to you it's well worth the try

0 Kudos

hi Bernhard,

I was about to tell him that when a zrole has been created we have to activate it, as after copying the zrole from the standard role we have to activate it in the authorization , as for only the profile will will be generated for the copied Zxxxx role.. So only the profile might be missing.

So profile generation to be done for each and single role copied.

thank you...

if some thing extra must be done please let me know...

0 Kudos

If you copy a standard single role, then you need to generate the profile and authorizations for it as well (as you would need to generate the standard role's as well). In both cases, the Zrole and the standard-role will have their own authorization values for those instances of the authorization objects in the role (menu).

The authorizations are independent of each other via their independent generated "auths" names.

For the user, specifically, if does however not matter which profile the authorization came from since release 6.10.

Please correct me if I am wrong, and check your facts before you post.

Cheers,

Julius