cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMPV & MMPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When the current month is May 08 then i should be using MMPV to close the current month for transactions to happen.

1) I want to know what is the logoc of closing the current month which is still open, i mean when the date is 2nd May08 and the month is not yet over and i need to close the month Why?

2) What is the use of transaction code MMPI ?

Thanks in Adv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

[MMPI|http://e-mory.blogspot.com/2007/12/sap-mmpi-open-previous-period.html]

[MMPI-Reopening Posting Period|http://sapro.blogspot.com/2005/05/mm-reopen-posting-period-mmpi.html]

[MMPI - Forum Thread|;

Note:You can use MMPI ( But SAP never recommends this, it will mess up all stock valuations)

Reward if helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen Dasari.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can see the current month posting against the previous month in tcode : OMSY.

If you see that the current month is not present in that table there then just go to MMPV put the current year and the month you need closed, and execute.

You can cross check now that the table has been updated again in OMSY.

MMPI is used to reverse to the previous month, just in case.

Thanks

Award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all Naveen, Aditya & Sri nath

It got cleared

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi arnold

We need to close on the monthly basis to tally the G/L accounts purpose and accounts related purpose. MM consultants will give you more clarity on this

MMPI is used to reverse to the last month if you have entered into the next month by default

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sri nath,

Can you be more specific on " MMPI is used to reverse to the last month if you have entered into the next month by default

Thanks

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi arnold

Upto my knowledge if you have to do postings in May 08 and by default if you have done MMPV for june 08 also then postings wont happen in the month may 08.

To avoid this , MMPI is used i suppose

Regards

Srianth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri nath

Thread is still open clarification on the above subject will be appreciated