cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the question about Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

business scenario:

1, there a project, that have hundred WBS, and thousand Acivtiy.

2, Every activity have only one activity type. so erery activty have only one cost element.

3, Now the user demand that every activty have three type cost element.

cost element 1: work * hour

cost element 2: water * hour

cost element 3: electric * Hour

(the user hope this like production order, ervery pp order can have several cost element. when one order is confirmed, several cost element is confirmed together.)

4, when activity is confirmed, the activity price is planned price.

5, when period settle, the acitvity price is actual price, and activity cost must cover three kind of cost element.

Please explain me all the steps to be required.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tense Zhou,

If I understand your requirements correctly, the following solution will work.

1. Create activity type for each and every category like work, water, electricity and have price/cost element for each and every category in transaction KP26

2. Within your Activity, create three activity elements viz.. Work, Water, Electricity.

3. Attach activity type to the activity elements.

4. When you confirm the activity all the three will get confirmed and you will get different costs.

I never tried this in any of my projects. Give a try and let me know if it is successful.

Wo xi wang ni you hen hao de vi tian

FATMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The suggestion made by Fatman will work proplery for getting different Cost elements at activity as per your requriments.

We need to confirm activty elements n't activity as there will be different activity types assigned to acvitiy elements & actual cost will get posted through different cost elements. If we will confirm activity then actual cost will pass through one cost elements only.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set up a separate activity type for water* hour, work* hour and electric*hour in KP26.

Then use activity elements for each activity that needs the different activity types present.

When confirming through CN25 or entering time through CATS for actuals, have the users use the correct activity types to see the actual costs per the activity type/cost element as entered.

Mike

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may accomplish your need by using 'business process' functionality.

You will connect business process to the activity via Workcenter.

cheers

Mathavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think u can consder them as overheads. With the help of "Costing Sheet" u can calculate the cost for Water, Electricity based on work and assign different cost elements.

For Configuration...

1. T.code: OPL1, select the costing variant that has been mantained in the T. Code OPUV "CstgVariantPlan".

2. Go to the valuation variant in control tab of the costing variant.go to the overhead tab and click on the costing sheet.

3. Inside the costing sheet select the costing sheet and check the base for that costing row. Here you ca see that the cost element range or the Groups are mentioned so any cost that is hitting these cost elements will be used for the calculation of the overhead and that will be calculated and distributed based on the overhead rate and the will be loaded on the credit cost element.

Reward points if helpful.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

because the ratio in different activity is different. so it can't use the costing sheet.

(cost element 1: work * hour

cost element 2: water * hour

cost element 3: electric * Hour )

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please suggest what would be the input for the activity? Hours or work/water/electric.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

one activity only have one activity type.