cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I view all customers created under one account group?

Can anyone explain the importance of account group? I know it gives the views while creating the customers, what else is the importance from SD and FI point of view? How does it make a particular partner function as SP/SH?BP/PY? if I have to create a new partner function for eg: a 3rd party customer who is an alternative SH, can i create this under standard SH acct group, but I don't want any billing or invoice transaction to take place on this customer? or shud I create a new acct group for this customer, what is the adv of creating a new acct grp?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The account group determines:

1) Which screens and fields are necessary for entering

master data ?

2) Whether you can or must make an entry in these fields

3) How master record numbers are assigned (externally by you or internally by the system) and the number range from which they are assigned.

4) Which partner functions are valid

5) Whether the business partner is a one-time customer

or one-time vendor.

You need to define partner determination procedure, and assign the partner functions to it. This procedure will be assigned to the account group.

If you want to create a new partner function, you can do it. Otherwise create it under SH.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

can one acct group be used to create 3 customers, of which one can be SH, another BP and another CR.

Since I do not have a SP, so I guess I cannot specify which customer takes which role, the only way I can assign is directly in sales order, right? is there any risk do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No, If you are using Sol-to-party account group, you can create Sol-to-party only. If you want to create different type of partners, then you need to define different account group.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply.

Why can't I assign 3 partner functions (BP, SH, CR-carrier) to same account group and create customer under same account group? these customer will be directly used in sales order, i don't have to assign them to SP in customer master. What do you think can go wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hllo,

You can very well assign three partner functions to partner determination procedure and the procedure can be assigned to account group. But you can not create a ship-to-party using a sold-to-party account group. In sol-to-party, all the other partner functions (ship-to, bill-to and payer) are default, this can be set in the partner determination procedure.

You may go to SPRO --> S&D --> Basic functions --> Partner determination. Cehck the account dertermination procedure, assignment ..etc....

Prase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new account group by copying BP account grp, and made sure the business partner function field is surpressed, I have only those fields active which I need for SH/BP and carrier customer creation.

I have assigned these partner function to partner determination procedure for sale doc header and not assigned to customer master partner determination, since i will be using these in sales order directly.

What happens if I define a partner function say Z1, assign it to a acct group Z001, assign the standard partner determination procedure AG to Z001, but do not assign Z1 to AG. when I create new customer system does not give an error, but how does the system know what partner function does the customer fall under, because I have not assigned Z1 to AG?? Do I need to assign Z1 to AG for the system to relate the customer number to Z1 partner function??

Answers (0)