cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perishable Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Can anybody give me a few consulting tips on Perishable Planning (WDFR)?

For example I want to know the purpose of the alternative

blank lines in Planning List.

With regards

Biswajit Pal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPP

[Perishable Planning|help.sap.com/bp_retailv1500/Retail_BR/documentation/RET_Solution_Scope_EN_BR.doc]

Perishables: Perishables Planning List

Use

The centerpiece of the perishables function is the perishables planning list. It is generated by the system based on an assortment list, and contains an easy-to-read overview of all the key information on articles to be processed in a particular environment. You can branch from displaying the list to other functions for procuring and distributing produce.

Prerequisites

The articles to be processed must be assigned to a common article type (such as "perishables").

The articles must be assigned to an assortment list.

The articles must be listed in the site for which you are planning.

A vendor master record must be maintained in the system for the vendors involved.

The updating of information structure S160 must be activated.

Features

You can generate the perishables planning list for a distribution center (and all the stores supplied by it) or for a single store.

You specify on the selection screen the articles and the period for which the information is to be displayed.

By defining a particular assortment list type, you can group the perishable products by (for example):

Perishables category (dairy, fruit and vegetables, etc.)

Perishableness

List type for telephone sales

List type for purchases made at market

If you wish, you can also narrow down your selection to specific purchasing groups, merchandise categories, articles or vendors.

You use three different periods to define whether you want to plan for a single site or for a distribution center (including all the stores it supplies) and which data the perishables planning list should contain:

DC delivery period

This indicates when the articles you are planning should arrive in the distribution center.

Store delivery period

This indicates when the articles you are planning should arrive in the stores. If you only want to plan for the distribution center, you do not enter any period here.

POS selling period

This indicates the period the system should use for comparison purposes. The sales figures for this period are displayed in the perishables planning list, and used for calculating the forecast quantities.

The key piece of information for the perishables planning list is the assortment list of the site for which you are planning. Usually, this assortment list is generated new at regular intervals. If new articles have been included since the last time the assortment list was generated or assignments have changed, you can have the system generate a new assortment list before generating the perishables planning list.

The perishables planning list generated contains the following information for the articles you selected:

Sales in POS selling period

Total quantities in stores orders (stock transport orders) during the store delivery period

Current unrestricted-use stock (stock on-hand)

Source of supply

Vendor purchase orders during distribution center delivery period

Remaining quantity calculated

Purchasing currency

Sales unit

Net/net purchase price

Net margin

Net selling price

Merchandise category

You can enter information on:

Quantity ordered

Order unit

Purchase price

Price unit

Order price quantity

Promotion number

Order document category

Document number

Requirements of perishables are planned on a site-by-site basis, i.e. for a distribution center. After the perishables planning list has been generated, you can plan quantities of each perishable product listed in the site, and have the system calculate prices.

If you plan for a distribution center and all the store it supplies, the values you enter refer to all the sites supplied by the distribution center in which a particular article is listed.

Activities

Enter the required selection criteria and choose Execute. The perishables planning list is required for subsequent processing of perishables.

Reward if helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen Dasari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Dasari

I am very very thankful to you.

Sorry for my being late in replying to you.

Your suggestion was very helpful for me. I have certain doubts

and queries on WDFR as follows:

01) WDFR first reads the WBBH table and determines the latest VsNo

based on site and assortment list type. It always take the Full

version i.e. Vc=X. True?

02) Next, WDFR quries the WBBP table with the VsNo, site and assortment

list type. If any record is found, that article will appear in the

planning list. True?

03) WDBI creates WBBP entries for an article for all vendors taking

into account both site level purchase info record and purchase

organisation level info record. But if any vendor is found to be

a regular vendor for this article, WBBP entry will be limited

only to this vendor. True?

04) What is the purpose of the alternate blank lines which appear as

dimmed always? Can I make it enabled so that stores will enter their order quantities in the blank lines, save the planning list and

the central merchandiser will open individual planning lists

through WDFR2 and assign vendor for articles ?

05) Is there any difference between WDBI post initialisation and

Generate option in WDFR?

06) Do we have to always create a full version of Assortment List? Can't we use WDBU or WDBM? I have seen that WDBU

takes very long time and never get finished and WDBM

does not affect the perishable panning list at all

Mr. Dasari, it will be very helpful if you clear my doubts and

queries on WDFR.

With regards

Biswajit Pal