cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.0.3 Navigation Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. When I create a navigation tree and associate it with a Netweaver role, such as xMII Developers, how do I copy that tree to another role, such as xMII Users?

2. How do I rename a Navigation record?

3. How do I re-order Navigation records?

Thanks!

David Macindoe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's typically the "other way round", David. You create content and add it to a role, then add those role(s) to user(s).

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if I have content already assigned to a role, how do I copy that content to another role? I think you're suggesting a philosophical change to our role approach. We were planning on creating roles pertaining to where the users were located and their job function, such as 'Dallas-Management' or 'Houston-Operator' and then adding new content periodically to those existing roles as it became available. We would add the content to the xMII-Developers role first to test it out then copy or move it to the appropriate user role. Most users would be in two roles, say 'Dallas-Management' and 'xMII-Users'. When I copy a menu tree, switch to a different role and try to paste it, I get a 'Select a node to paste' message. (We're using 12.0 SP3)

You're suggesting we create new content then create a role for that specific content. After testing then we would assign the appropriate users to that role. The average user would be in many roles.

Hmm! An interesting concept! I'll have to dwell on that a bit.

Regarding my other questions - how do I rename a menu item and how do I re-order menu items? For example, if I have two menu items:

Graph A

Graph C

and I want to insert a new menu item, Graph B in the middle, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Answers (0)