cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for the cause of high processing time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we now have a problem in production where at some times during the day, the response times of transactions on a particular application server get much higher than the normal.

We have looked at stad (workload) at these times and noticed an increase in processing time but not in cpu time.

We looked at the machine statistics and nothing was out of order at those times. (cpu, network, etc).

What is also strange is that we have other application servers running on the same machine which do not have the problem.

The question is how can we find out in which component is this processing time taking place ?

In what components can processing time happen ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Start looking through the reports in ST03N. One thing that helps to sift out what processes are hogging resources is to take a look at one of the reports like Response time distribution.

Generally, I take the results from this and graph them in Excel to get a better idea of what type of process is using resources. When you overlay RFC, background, and DIA you will start to see if there are any correlations between processes (like background and RFC processes with response times that are nearly equal).

Have you checked DB locks to see if you might having a contention issue at this time?

Just wondering.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

One other thing I would recommend is to posting your question in the [NetWeaver Performance|; forum.

~jph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I don't think the database is the cause of the problems because we have other instances that access the same databse which don't have the high processing time statistics.

Also, in st03n, we can't see the processing time.

Thanks for the group, I didn't notice it.

Answers (0)