cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc collect everything good.. small issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Want to collect Idocs.. all steps in Bpm are correct..some error in transformation or send.

As many idocs are posted,they are all getting collected in container step..the correlation aslo works, since if different values in it are given.. it posts many files.. but with same value.. it collects the idocs.

the problem is.. the file seems to be getting overwritten.. its not writing to same file.. when correlation is same value.. as posting mutiple are posted.. it should be written to same file.. but only 1 last idoc is coming in file.. with only 1 idoc.. some problem in writing multiple values to file..

Have also defined the message interface as occurance one as sap demands for 'newfile' interface as in patterns.

please could anyone help me point out the error.. have read all the blogs and done as per patterns.

thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be the reason is time-dependency.

Can you please verify the time interval once.

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Vani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataramesh and Gaurav,

I tried with the append mode, its still overwriting the file.

checked in the bpm.. it gives me the workflow stepswhere the container shows 2 idocs but file adapter writes 1 file with the last idocs details.

any other place where i should make a change?

Also wanted to know that if i give append mode to the file, we need a new file with collected idocs every 2 hours. this mechanism will rewite the same fine as it does not add a timestamp option to it.

please advise.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same type of problem once, its the error at the communication channel, please check once again.

Follow this blog

/people/kannan.kailas/blog/2005/12/07/posting-multiple-idocs-with-acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Verify the receiver communication channel in file construction mode parameter, i think it may be create thats why its overwrites so you got the last message.

Instead of create you set as Append.

Receiver communication channel in file construction mode parameter set to APPEND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Verfiy that your receive file adapter verify that your File Construction Mode has Append This will append all your Idoc information into single file.

Gaurav Jain