cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture SAP Object event in VB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus - I need to capture SAP Object event outside R/3 e.g. if an Order gets created, I need to capture this event in a VB application so that the external application can take the Order number and do some processing at its end. Can someone get me a working example.

Thanks.

Lalit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you should work this out in a function module which requires abap programming....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please take an example of Sales Order. When a new Sales Order gets created, it triggers an event, which can be captured by any outside application - say a VB program or script running on an external server. My problem is how can we capture it - at SAP side, how can we configure to relay this event to an external system. In legacy system, we have database triggers on insert and update, which call other procedures to take required action. I need to simulate the similar action in SAP.

Thanks for your reply.

Lalit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

This would ideally have to be triggered in originating system. Same as you had in your legacy system. Database triggers were defined in the system where the events took place.

You could find a suitable user-exit/BAdI/BTE, within which you could include code that would call shell or OS command.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any possibility to capture the 'Sales Order Created/modified' event through Output Type OR Workflow?

Can we define any Output type which can trigger OS script?

Can we trigger a workflow which can call OS script/exe?

Thanks.

Lalit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done from sap end. When po is created idoc can configured to send to your VB system and then you can get the details of PO.Event has to be triggured from sap end to send idocs to your system. SAP provides this interface thro. IDOC or thro. ALE

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can send out the ORDERS IDoc for any new order received from XI to the application outside SAP R/3. This first part if okay but when the users update any Sales Order Document in R/3 and save the changes, we need to raise this event and transmit it to the outside application. The minimum required data I need to transmit is the u2018Sales Order numberu2019 so that the outside application can grab the modified data thru BAPI. This BAPI interface work is already tested and only bottleneck is u2018How to transmit the modified Sales Order Numberu2019. In the legacy system, we used to have database triggers on legacy Sales Order Management system database where the modified data copied over to the u2018outside applicationu2019. I looking some way to transmit the modified sales order data or at least the sales order number to u2018outside applicationu2019.

Can we configure any Output type for sales order modification which can send out the modified IDoc ? If so, how?

Or any other method to raise this modify sales order event in SAP R/3 and transmit this event to outside application.

Lalit

Edited by: Lalit Mohan on Sep 2, 2008 3:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use SAP script recording to capture an event. SAP translates this into VBS....you even can run your events in the background by a third party tool after you have recorded an event. Is this what you mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please give me any third party tool for this purpose or any other information?

Thanks.