cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit block in Inquiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

here is my requiremnt for inquiry document credit check..

1. We dont enter any line items in inquiry (No Open Value)

2. I should block the document if credit check is not ok.

Thank you

ANil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anil

I never came across any scenario where in inquiry you put credit block. May be if you are putting at quotation level it makes something to think.

But in Inquiry , customer comes and inquires so what is the use of putting the credit check. I think putting a credit check at inquiry level

is just putting more work on us .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's my business process.

Thank you

ANil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oil tools.

Out business involved quotation process, which takes around 1 or 2 months.

Just imagine you running a business working on quotation of a customer whose credit is not good for two months.

We can do the credit check begining of quotation, but they wanna block at inquiry level itself.

Can you tell me the user exit name?

Thank you

ANil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I do agree with you that there are many business processes where upfront credit check is done at the time of inquiry itself. If I am allowed an analogy, it is like getting a pre-approval before you apply for a home loan. While I agree with you, I also agree with Bill that you need to make use of a user exit to get this process going. If you are using a third party / third party system for doing a credit check then you need a report or an extract from the customer master records to send information about the customer in inquiry for their credit check.

Thanks

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri is right. I would re-investigate that process. Inquiry is totally non-binding, so who cares.

Now if you try to create a quote or Order against the Inquiry, you will get the credit block then (assuming config is corrrect) so at that point - when it gets into a binding document - you control it.

If you still want to do this on a document with no value, you will need to do a user exit to go out and check the customer's credit.

What is this client selling anyway?