cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Mass Data Extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Can you help me extend 270 customers of one sales area and Company Code 1 to another sales area belonging to a different company code (Comp Code2).

Thanks in advance and your early replies would be appreciated.

Regards.

SK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The possible option is through LSMW or ECATT.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh ,

Could you please take me through ECATT for say loading the files of Customer Master. I am using ECC 4.7

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Swathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Extended Computer Aided Test Tool is a new automated testing tool that allows you to create automated functional test cases for the majority of applications running in the SAP GUI for Windows and SAP GUI for Java environments. Like other test tools, it works by making a recording of an application, which you can then parameterize and replay with differing sets of input values. You can test the behavior of the application by reading and testing the values returned by the application .

eCATT is available from Release 6.20 of the SAP Web Application Server, and is an integral part of the mySAP Technology underlying SAP R/3 Enterprise Release 4.7.

With the help of eCATT, you can test a Standard SAP Business Scenario using recording just like CATT and LSMW.

This will help to understand the basics of eCATT.

/people/sumeet.kaul/blog/2005/07/26/ecatt-an-introduction

Also go through these links

http://www.erpgenie.com/ecatt/index.htm

Its a step by step guide to ECATT.

and

1. eCATT An Introduction(Part I)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt--an-introduction-part-i

2. eCATT Scripts Creation - TCD Mode (Part II)/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation-150-tcd-mode-part-ii

3. eCATT Scripts Creation - SAPGUI Mode (Part II )

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation--sapgui-mode-part-iii

4. eCATT Chaining, Parameterization, Creation Of Test Data,Test Configuration, System Data (Part IV)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-chaining-parameterization-creation-of-test-datatest-configuration-system-data-part-iv

5. eCATT Scripts Management Via Test Workbench(Part V)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/13/ecatt-scripts-management-via-test-workbench-part-v

6. eCATT Logs (Part VI)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-logs-part-vi

7. eCATT Scripts Creation Non-User Interface Mode & Rename, Copy, Delete, Upload, Download eCATT Objects(Part VII)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/19/ecatt-scripts-creation-non-user-interface-mode-rename-copy-delete-upload-download-ecatt-objectspart-vii

8. eCATT Tips Of Recording, Testing & Links (Part VIII)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/24/ecatt-tips-of-recording-testing-links-part-viii

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

Here your requriement is to extend customer master data of one company code Sales area to another company code sales area data.

This you can do it in two ways

1. LSMW recording - It involves some testing. Here you need to make sure that how credit control area is getting transferred to new company code, Tax classification and additional fields we maintain in sales area data tab and partner functions

2. Do it manually.

I would like to go with manual bcs no.of records are less. You can complete atelast 60 in one hour - 4hours you can complete.

If you go with LSMW, you need to test it DEV, Quality and.Consider time takes to prepare a file. (Believe me it takes lot of my time for partner functions)

I did work on same req in my previous project, but i have got 25,000 records. i did go with LSMW.

Thank you

ANil

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SK

use t.code XD99 for mass maintainence of the customers

Regards

Srinath