cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

There is an error encountered while archiving, while the archive files are sent to the 3rd party archive tool IBM On demand.

There is a connector used between SAP and On demand that is IBM Commonstore.

The archiving procedure is divided into three main steps:

1. Create archive files: The data to be archived is written

sequentially to a newly created archive file in SAP

filesystem /usr/sap/DAP/SYS/global/ARCHIVING

2. Store archive files: The newly created archive files can then be moved to a storage system IBM Commonstore.

3. Run delete program: The delete program reads the data from the archive files and then deletes it from the database.

Now, the problem is that when we are running archiving for

object 'IDOC' in DAP, the program which transfers the files from the SAP filesystem to the Commonstore is getting cancelled with below error:=====================================================

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSARCH_STORE_FILE, variant , user name

K017370)

The archive file 000180-010IDOC is being processed

Connection to http://10.18.78.76:5583/cs?create&pVersion=0046&co:

TCP/IP error

Archive file 000180-010IDOC could not be stored

Job cancelled

=======================================================

In every archiving session of about 1 month's data, there are some jobs going to error with the above message and the corresponding files are remaining in the SAP fileystem only.

Kindly advice what should be done.

Do let me know one more thing.

If I try to rerun the entire archiving session (to take care of the

cancelled jobs in the previous run), then it gives the below message.Kindly advice whether I should proceed forward.

========================================

Caution

The selected variant is already used in an archiving job.

If you use this variant again for archiving, you risk archiving the same data in several different archive files. The data will then appear multiple times in an analysis.

==============================================

Thanks & regards,

Kunal Patel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please kindly note that i know NOTHING about IBM Commonstore. I am using SAPERION but i guess the setup is mostly the same.

The error you get is shown as a TCP/IP error. you would have to investigate the dev_w*r protocols in ST11 and also SM21 for more information. Also have a peek at the job-logs in SM37. Some systems - like saperion - are a bit verbose and give some details back.

if you cannot find anything conclusive there, make sure your IBM partners show up to do a test of the whole thing with you together.

as for your question about the variant. i don't fully understand, why you repeat the whole process, it should be sufficient to repeat the STORE-jobs and then the DELETE-jobs (by the way - with reading the data from archive and then deleting them ... don't you have any performance-problems with IBM Commonstore there?) you MUST -of course- use the same variants for repeating the process as you used for the original run so you can ignore that popup in this case.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marlene,

Thanks for your reply...

Why I am running the entire archiving session again is that when I try to rerun only the cancelled background job in error, I am getting the below message:

============================================

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSARCH_STORE_FILE, variant , user name K017370)

The file storage program can only run in the background

Job cancelled

==============================================

If I try to rerun the entire archiving session, then also there is no progress.

Kindly let me know what to do?

Thanks & regards,

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check your technical customizing in transaction SARA, how did you setup the sequence of the jobs? press <F1> on the settings in the tabstrips 'delete job' and 'place file in storage system'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sequence is ,as per the tab strips in sara:

archive- program SAPMAADM, function ARCH

delete- program SAPMAADM function DELE

analyze- program SAPMAADM function READ

storage syst- program SAPMAADM function ASYS

management- program SAPMAADM function MANA

Thanks & rgds,

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> The sequence is ,as per the tab strips in sara:

>

> archive- program SAPMAADM, function ARCH

> delete- program SAPMAADM function DELE

> analyze- program SAPMAADM function READ

> storage syst- program SAPMAADM function ASYS

> management- program SAPMAADM function MANA

>

>

> Thanks & rgds,

> Kunal.

o.k. please go again to SARA, type in the object of desire - in your case it was IDOC - and check the technical settings in the appropriate tab-strips. the sequence is influenced by those settings. for example: you can flag there 'delete after reading from archive' or 'start automatically'. you should fine-tune this and - for a workaround i would suggest - you deflag the option that put's the files to your sub-system automatically - my reason for this advice being: as long as you didn't get this error solved with IBM it would be of no use to store automatically - you can always do that manually (also provides you with files you can test with). and while at it, temporarily disable: 'read from subsystem and delete then' (it's not called that exactly but i can't check right now).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have another problem now.

When I try to access some data corresponding to archiving object FI_SL_DATA in t-code GD20, it is taking very long time i.e. 20 minutes. Is there anyway to reduce the time??

Also, through t-code SARI, I am getting very few fields.

Is there any way to add some field in that infostructure? or to create a new Z infostructure?

Regards,

Kunal.