SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O4NM or O4TEN Create & Actualize a Ticket with future date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to create a ticket with future date; in the tab 'Movement Details'....'Start Date', 'End Date' & 'Posting Date'.

Example: Ticket to be created with the start & end date as 05/20/02008.

System throws error : Cannot actualize a ticket for a future date or time.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Parveen

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Actualising a ticket for future date does not make too much sense to me.

You do the ticketing after the physical movements of the goods has happened, where in you mention details as to when you have received the goods and the qunatity of goods received.

Regards,

Sandil

0 Kudos

Hi Sandil,

During the ticket creation, when I'm entering the 'Start Date' and 'End Date' with a future date eg 05/30/2008; getting the error.

The requirement is to create & actualize the ticket with dates 'Start Date', 'End Date' and the 'Posting Date' with future date.

FYI, there is a significant number of tickets that are booked using end of the month date in order to avoid several fees. We also have to do closing and reconsolidations end of the month. These activities create a significant stress to complete tasks before deadlines. Along with that, we also have to complete ticketing that we scheduled for end of the month. Therefore, resolving the issue of been able to ticket and actualize tickets ahead of time would substantially make processes and procedures easy when we are stretched for time which we don't have towards the end of the month.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Parveen

0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

I was going through your reply, I would suggest the following for you to go ahead with your issue.

The posting date field can be maintained for future dates, I think this is the important field which is used by the follow on documents , that doesnt mean that the other 2 fields are any less important, but if you observe, the posting date value is used by most of the follow on documents.

If this is unacceptable then I would suggest you to have your own custom code. But you should be rest assured there are no impacts because of this.

I am really not sure if this would help, anyways do let me know if you have figured a workaround or an alternative solution.

Regards,

Sandil

0 Kudos

Parveen,

I assume ur requirement should be acheived by work around not by making future ticketing which is wrong conceptually .

If you do the posting at the end of month how ur GI would happen and Book inventory reflected correctly .

According to me u should log all the movements and post the ticket at the end of month as actual .

ie develop some custom transaction to log the movements and activities do a automation of posting the tickets to correct tanks at the end of month for reconcilation and consolidation .

This is my view from the understanding i got from your requirment .

Regards

Ramvelu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandil,

I'm able to enter the future date in the 'Posting Date' field.

Where as 'End Date' is the date on which the actual movement of the goods takes place; and here system is not accepting future date and throws an error.

Could you please let me know how do we control these fields. Any chance from the configuration.

Thanks

Parveen

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen To my best knowledge Ticketing in future date is not posible in is oil .

Hence the Delivery creation & PGI happening at the backaround job . through the Movement senarios ..91,90...

Again here the movement senarios are assigned to BAPI.. so when we are doing the Ticket Actuavalisation its creating Delivey Document and PGI document at a time ..

So its not possible Doing posting in Future date ..

Thanks and regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

pls go through the note

You will get an idea .. why its not possible & what's the solution for this ..

Note 964176 - Ticket actualization fails at delivery creation

Thanks and regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for the info.

Any thoughts of workaround solution for this.

Can we make use of customer exit for the field to allow future dates?

Thanks

Parveen

0 Kudos

Hi

its not possible creating delivery in future date..

As Per business its ill legal.....

if you have Doubt why u cant write a message to SAP...

THANKS AND REGAREDS,

RAJA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new in TSW. I am facing an error messge (Message Class O8, Message Number 511) during the actualization of the ticket.

When I am creating/actualization the ticket sytem issues an error log i.e "Vehicle & not found".

What I have done: Assingned a Vehicle in the Transport System Master Data........ Created the nomination successfully......... During the Ticket actualization, system saves the ticket but generates the error message in log that Vehicle not found.

Any Idea for this situation. I am using version 4.6c

Did I miss any settings?

0 Kudos

Was the vehicle present in the nomination header

0 Kudos

Yes it is present ............ do you know the background processing?

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing an error messge (Message Class O8, Message Number 511) during the actualization of the ticket.

When I am creating/actualization the ticket sytem issues an error log i.e "Vehicle & not found".

It is the standard message while creating the shipment via transaction O4F1. I have generated the message by attaching the Vehicle number before the document during shipment creation.

Does anyone knows how do I get rid of this message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

As per standred practice you should not do Ticket actulization in advance.

You do the ticketing after the physical movements of the goods has happened, where in you mention details as to when you have received the goods and the qunatity of goods received.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the responses.

We are following the standard procedure and are not going to create the tickets with future dates.

Thanks

Parveen