cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ20 Email Alert - Using a custom PerformanceAttribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up an email alert for an SAP system in RZ20 that monitors filesystem for the DB as well as other critical filesystems. I have used a copy of CCMS_OnAlert_Email as the auto-reaction method.

So far it is working as I expected, but the thresholds in the PerformanceAttribute tab in the "Properties and Methods" apply to every filesystem monitor I've set it for. I want to set thresholds differently for different filesystems.

For instance, when the Oracle archive directory starts filling, it usually fills up fairly quickly if there is a data load going on, or a client copy, etc. I want a lower threshold for /oracle/<SID/oraarch, like 35%. For the transport directory, I want to set the threshold to around 75%.

As it is now, the threshold I set for oraarch is the same threshold that is applied to the trans_dir.

Is there a way to create a new property and get have the ability to use it from the "Properties assigned to Customizing groups" as seen in transaction RZ21?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scot,

Follow this step -

Go to properties for the required MTE

In Edit -> Properties -> Use for individual MTE.

So you can customize thresholds for each filesystems according to your requirements.

Regards,

Pulkit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found this thread and noticed the original poster had the same problem.

The issue isn't solved, so I put my answer here, because we have same problem.

We want to use the Monitoring tree SID\hostname_SID_instance\OperatingSystem\Filesystems\S:\Percentage_Used with the MTE FilesystemPercentageUsed to monitor the filling degree of the filesystem.

All filesystems have to create an alert when they are getting full. Just one of them is always full and that's correct. In this case we want to know if threshold is under 50%.

So how can we custom this MTE Class FilesystemPercentageUsed for our needs? Is there any possiblity?

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Scott

I have exactly the same needs and I'm face to same issue.

Have you find a solution since you post your message ?

Thank

Alain