cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help for GL account based on the category ID for the item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to create a search help for GL account based on the category ID for the item.

For creating this search help, I need to know the category ID for the current item in the shopping cart, which I'm not sure how to get. I tried implementing the BAdI BBP_ITEM_CHECK_BADI and export the item GUID to a memory ID so that I could import the item GUID from memory in the search help and with the FM BBP_PD_SC_ITEM_GETDETAIL, get the shopping cart item details. However, this BAdI is only called when a item in the SC is created/changed or checked. It is not called when the user arbitrarily choses a line to view the details. That's why the correct item GUID is not being exported to memory.

Can anybody please help me in resolving this? Basically, I want to get the item details in the shopping cart when a user selects the item to view it's details.

Useful answers will be appropriately rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sujiyt,

Did you try the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI? Before the requisitioner gets to the account assignment, the category should have been already selected and available for default assignment. Furthermore, the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI can be used to validate the G/L account is valid for the category based on your custom table.

Now, if you want a custom search help, that is alittle more involved. We copies the applicable search-help function, revised it to call our custom search-help and revised the entry in BBP_FUNCTION_MAP to point to the 'Z' version of the search-help function.

I hope this helps and reward points accordingly.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls see this related thread:

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are globally declared nested internal table available which is accessible through out the SC. Take a look at this Program.

LBBP_SC_UI_ITSF87, form FORM f4_acccat. Plus search for something like GCSC variables.

Regards, IA