Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport takes a long time with 'file already in use' message in tp log

former_member270360
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing SAP ECC 6.0 on IBM iSeries, i5/OS V5R4.

I am encountering the following problem when conducting an import on TQA system from a transport request done from DEV :

The import takes a very long time without being implemented, with the following message in the tp system log :

'WARNING: /usr/sap/trans/tmp/TQA.LOB is already in use (10), I'm waiting 1 sec (20080515222358). My name: pid 621 on MASAPTQA (tqa00)

'

The message keeps repeating continuously, with the pid changed each time, and the waiting time (in seconds) also changed each time.

In general, the pid does not even exist.

What could be the cause of this problem ?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards.

Reda Khalifa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reda,

Please take a look at SAP note 12746 and see if it helps you.

Regards,

Sally Power

SAP on IBM i

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member270360
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please consider the thread at the following link, as it contains an explanation for the problem :

[;

Best regards.

Reda Khalifa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reda,

this is the locking mechanism of SAP ...

If you can ensure, that the old PID is no longer running, that is responsible for this file, then you should delete it => the new TP will start its processing within 10s ....

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut international ag

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while you facing this problem, just Highlight the Transport request and click Import Monitor Button and select the Transport Request and Delete the Entry.

then go to O.S level and type - cd '/usr/sap/trans/tmp/prd.lob

remove the file prd.lob -

put 4 beside prd.lob and click enter and then click enter to confirm to remove the file.

go to sap system and start import the Transport Request Again. i will work. i already doing the same when this problem will come.

ok have a guday

sree

former_member270360
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

Thank you for your interest.

I've gone through SAP note 12746.

I deleted the log file /usr/sap/trans/tmp/TQA.LOB after making sure that pid 640 which appeared in the old message in the tp system log did not exist. But this resulted in the message :

'WARNING: Cannot remove /usr/sap/trans/tmp/TQA.LOB : No such file or directory' to appear once in the tp system log and for a very long time.

I re-generated the transport profile file, and released a new transport from DEV to TQA, and tried to import this new request, and now the message in the tp system log is :

'

WARNING: /usr/sap/trans/tmp/DEVKK917158.TQA is already in use (20), I'm waiting 4 sec (20080516225456). My name: pid 663 on MASAPTQA', where DEVKK917158 is the transport request number generated from the DEV system.

pid 663 now corresponds to an active job (I used command WRKPID)

Any clues ?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards.

Reda Khalifa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reda,

Please try the following:

STMS -> ImportOverview -> click on <sid>

-> Import Monitor (Icon above right)

-> click the right mouse button on the entry to be deleted under "execution" and choose delete in the context menu.

This should get rid of the problem.

All the best,

Sally Power

Development Support for SAP on IBM i

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to close and then open the import queue (Ctrl+F1). It worked for me for the same problem...