cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice to Idoc/File using ABAP mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your expert advise on below scenario.The flow of the scenario is..

1)I will get a control record from a webservice(SOAP sender adpater), this initiates the process flow.

2)based on control record ,The ABAP mapping program will call a program(within the PI sys) to fetch the data from DB table.then the ABAP mapping program will have to create 2 messages for the target. One is IDoc and another one is File.

Pls suggest the best approach.

Regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The ABAP mapping program will call a program(within the PI sys) to fetch the data from DB table

U can use JDBC lookup instead of ABAP mapping for this

Create 2 messages for the target. One is IDoc and another one is File.

Use multi-mapping without bpm for this

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for quick reply.

there is a main program which has different classes and methoda to fetch the data from DB tables.I dont want to touch this main program.

what i am going to do is, I will this main program from abap mapping by passing the control record information.based on this control record,the main program will fetch data for ABAP mapping.From ABAP mapping, i have to generate 2 messages,one for IDOc and another one is for File.

Hope you got my requirement.

Regards,

Srini

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont want to touch this main program.

Then proceed with abap mapping. No problem with that

U cannot use multimapping without BPM (mentioed earlier) bcoz at receiver u have idoc adapter which do not reside on adapter engine.

I think u could nt avoid bpm.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for ur reply.

Is there any other alternate approach without BPM.anyway multimapping is not possible.

what would you suggest?

Regards,

Srini