cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent cancelation of invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We create invoice lists for many customers from the underlying invoices. The invoice lists DO not carry any pricing in them and don't release to accounting as standard SAP - only the invoices do. Occasionally, due to very high volume of billing, we send the invoice list but realize later that one or more of of the invoices in it was incorrect and cancel it. Our Business wants a process in place whereby if an invoice is on an current invoice list (i.e. invoice list is not canceled), the underlying bill also should not be allowed to cancel if anyone attempts to cancel it. Can this be achieved via any user exit or configuration? Conversely, if an invoice list has been canceled, the system should also allow the cancelation of the invoice/s underlying it. Appreciate any help or guidance.

Many thnaks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

46C: In configuration transaction VOFA, for your billing document type, specify a copying requirement in the [Cancellation section|https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/251736236/CanceInvoice.jpg]. Have your ABAPper code a requirement routine that does the checks.

And do let us know how it went.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Keetthi. I looked at the possible solution and was thinking of using the field VBRK-FKSTO (checked or not) to read if the document is canceled or not. But, it looks this field works only for invoices, i.e. SAP updates it only if a bill is canceled but doesn't update it if the invoic elist is canceled. Thus, the problem is to validate the data - how to figur eout if the subsequent invoice list was indeed canceled or not. Another way could be to loop on the document table VBFA and instead of looking for a subsequent document type 3, to look for a 4 if it exists. Any idea how to make it simpler? I want to avoid looping on VBFA becaus ein some cases, our business people can and do cancele and create multiple times Some of the issue is training related too but I am loking for a system fix to make it 'idiot proof'! Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Costa,

You are right. VBRK-FKSTO is not populated for invoice lists. Whenever an invoice/invoice list is cancelled, two fields are updated:

1. VBRK-FKSTO is Xed on the cancelled invoice/invoice list. This update only happens for invoices and not for invoice lists.

2. VBRK-SFAKN is populated on the cancelling invoice/invoice list with the number of the cancelled invoice/invoice list.

You will have to rely on update 2 above to tell if an invoice list is cancelled or not.