Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts in Item Category!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts..

I need your help...

I need to make the configuration of itens categories( L and D) from R/3.

Is there the possibilty to transfer the itens categories (middleware) from backend to SRM?

Where i can make this configuration Iten category in IMG?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Why do you want to transfer them to SRM?

If you want to create servcies from SRM just select the "Service" indicator when you are creating your shopping cart and the PO in the backend will automatically have item category D.

If you want servcies with limits use the full functionality shopping cart transaction BBPSC01 and choose "create limit item" then choose "confimation and invoice" in the create screen. That will also create a PO with item category D in the backend.

Subcontracting might be a bit more difficult.

What exactly do you want to do with subcontracting in SRM?

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I would like to know where i make the configuration of the itens categories from R/3 are in SRM.

In my process of R/3 I use the item category D and the item category L.

there is subcontracting scenario here and i need to make the activates...I dont know if the SRM make the treatment for this iten category L.

However I don't know if can i make this configuration by customizing or other way to make this (replicattion by middleware).

Where in customizing can i make this configuration?

thanks,

What exactly do you want to do with subcontracting in SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Item categories do not exist in SRM. If you want to use the functionality around the item categories it needs to be done another way.

To get to D you can use the instructions from my first posting.

To get subcontracting working is another matter.

What exactly do you want to do? Do you want to run MRP in the backend and send the reqs into SRM for items that require subcontracting components? Or do you want to place one off orders for items direct to stock that require subcontracting components?

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

In my process the purchase requisition of R/3 will be a create the shop cart in SRM ( manual and MRP )

we needed that this item category of R/3 to be reference in SRM because after the creation of Purchase order and Contract these documents went back to R/3 and they need to be a reference that item category. The items categories that we go used is D and L.

Do I have to make a development to assist this functionality?

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Sorry, it has been a long time since I used the functionality to send reqs from R/3 into SRM. I did not realise that was what you were doing.

Do the original reqs not attach to the PO in the backend once the PO is created?

You would definitly be able to get at the item category in the BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK BADI and set it accordingly, but I would have thought there was a standard way of attaching the original reqs to the new PO.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (0)