Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"JCMon is a tool for internal use only."

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just installed Netweaver PI 7.1 (with the new SAPJVM) and got the following message when trying to run the jcmon tool :

linux10:sidadm 96> jcmon pf=/sapmnt/SID/profile/SID_DVEBMGS##_linux10

JCMon is a tool for internal use only.

Am I missing something or is JCmon really for internal use only by SAP since 7.1 ??

What should I use to monitor/stop/start my server# and dispatcher nodes from the OS ??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

You can also use JSMON instead of JCMON.

Start the JSMon program with the profile of the instance.

>jsmon.exe -expter pf=< /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS /profile/<SID_Instance_NostName>

The JSMon binary is located in the following path:

/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/jexe

directory or in the:

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/uc/<OS_Name>

directory.

But use of MMC is recommended.

Sai Kondapi.

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great !!! Thanks a lot !!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this thread is old ... but still .. use jsmon with PI7.1

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/c9/291745bd4849e980c5d3b2e1312244/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have got here are work around.

What if i want to resolve issue "JCMon is a tool for internal use only"

Regards,

Manish

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the SAP Management Console:

http://<yourhost>:5<instnumer>13

Markus

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the reply

I actually tried that before, I get to the "SAP Netweaver Management Console" and then I see 2 big buttons :

"Install" which is grayed out.

and

"Start" which doesn't do anything if I clik on it 😕

I also get "Applet com.sap.managementconsole.applet.ManagementConsoleInstallerAppletStarted" on the bottom left part of the IE screen...

Also, whenever I access that page, nothing shows up in the dev_server0 or std_server0.out files or the defaultraces/applications log.

What am I missing ??

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi, thanks for the reply

>

> I actually tried that before, I get to the "SAP Netweaver Management Console" and then I see 2 big buttons :

>

> "Install" which is grayed out.

> and

> "Start" which doesn't do anything if I clik on it 😕

>

> I also get "Applet com.sap.managementconsole.applet.ManagementConsoleInstallerAppletStarted" on the bottom left part of the IE screen...

Usually there should be a java applet started. Depending on the local installed version it may not work (I have had troubles with Java 1.6.x)...

You can try to turn on the local java console in the control panel (if the client you try to start that applet is windows) and see if there's anything obvious happening.

> Also, whenever I access that page, nothing shows up in the dev_server0 or std_server0.out files or the defaultraces/applications log.

That applet is started locally, not on the server, that's why you don't see anything...

You can use NWA as alternative to start/stop... (http://<yourhost>:<yourport>/nwa

Markus

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks again for the reply !

You're right about that applet being executed locally, I just realized I had an errorr in my local Java console (on my PC in Windows) whenever I access the SAP management console from my browser :

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.logging.LoggingPermission control)

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.util.logging.LogManager.checkAccess(Unknown Source)

at java.util.logging.Handler.checkAccess(Unknown Source)

at java.util.logging.Handler.setLevel(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.managementconsole.swing.main.ManagementConsole.startWindow(ManagementConsole.java:214)

at com.sap.managementconsole.applet.ManagementConsoleInstallerApplet.startMC(ManagementConsoleInstallerApplet.java:173)

at com.sap.managementconsole.applet.ManagementConsoleInstallerApplet$3.run(ManagementConsoleInstallerApplet.java:155)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

There seems to be a permission problem, but I'm not sure where exactly the problem is occuring.

Is the problem at the OS level of the SAPJVM or on my own PC ?

It might be the 2nd option since we do not have Admin rights and we do not have write access to the C: drive.

Do you have any ideas ??

Thanks a lot !!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It might be the 2nd option since we do not have Admin rights and we do not have write access to the C: drive.

Do you have any ideas ??

ِAre you SURE you have totally no write permission on your system driver? Most applications (including MS Office) don´t run without a minimum amount of permission, not to speak about SAPGUI and a TEMP directory...

Markus

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are limited as to where we can write on our C: drive.

But I don't know if that is the issue since I can run many other applets without a problem. I'll have to investigate that this week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for the URL.