cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career ABAP with MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy's

I had seen many posts saying that career in MDM will be booming. But on contractary I had seen jon saying that it is good to have skill and that too with BI ( http://www.jonerp.com/component/option,com_jd-wp/Itemid,20/p,40/ ). After reading this I am in big confusion wheather to take up MDM course as ABAPER or not.

Please let me know you help views on how would be the career in MDM with ABAP would be?

Thanks

Powered

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a whole if you talk about MDM system it basically dependent upon,

1. Cosolidation 2. Harmonization 3. Centralized scenarios

so when you consolidate data in MDM, it comes from outside systems like SAP R3/ERP/CRM, any Legacy system or any 3rd party system. and in harmonization you send back after doing some manipulation on that data. similarly centalization means doing every thing in MDM. Thats baiscs.

Let me tell now, you are an abaper and you know all the tables which are related to Customer, vendor, Material, sales, bank, Purchase, shipping, etc...

and mdm when takes data from R3/SAP from my point of view if you have knowledge of that system. Its good to have.

MDM also deals with ABAP APIS so its also good for an abaper.

For starting MDM see this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm and you can search this forum you will find a lot of things for MDM and ABAP with MDM etc...

Rewards if useful.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

MDM in general a simply a technology to provide consistent, comprehensive core information across an enterprise. SAP has brought in its MDM is tool that seats in information integration layer of SAP NeatWeaver architecture. SAP MDM not only support SAP's SOA architecture but also can integrate with other non SAP systems.

Thus it is not possible for any person to have a knowledge of each & every system that SAP MDM supports. But to have a good knowledge of these systems along with a good understanding of a difference between a transaction data & Master data will make u a good MDM consultant.

As a ABAPer you are familiar with SAP landscape. Thus, I don't think that you should hesitate taking a course on MDM. Sometime it may require to draw master data information using ABAP API's. This will come handy to u as u have good knowledge of ABAP. Also if you have good understanding of Master data it will be an added advantage to u (but still it doesn't matter with period of time u too can get hold of this )

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more views?