Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we can remove one authorization object from multiplt roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

How we can remove one authorization object from multiplt roles

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to do it manually - one role at a time. There is no SAP delivered mass update tool.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know there's no standard SAP solution. If you're into some hacking you could consider the following: (At your own risk)

Download the roles you want to change to your PC and backup a copy of the downloadfile .

Open the download file, it's a text file, and look for your object in lines starting with AGR_1250 and AGR_1251.

Delete those lines and upload the file again.

Re-generate the profiles affected.

When downloading and uploading please watch the codepage ('parameter' in the 'save as' dialog box). Best set this to one of the UTF settings.

hth

Jurjen

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on May 16, 2008 3:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Jurjen !!!

But if the object is maintained in SU24 and if you use Expert mode for generation of the role then again those objects may be pulled.(make sure you never use expert mode once you delete the objects)

As jurjen said, you may download the tables and instead of deleting the object from the excel sheet, change the value of the object in column "DELETED" = X, by doing this only the objects get inactivated(but remain in PFCG).

Its a manual task which takes time.

Correct me if I am wrong !!

Rakesh.

0 Kudos

> Correct me if I am wrong !!

O.K., Here I go

> But if the object is maintained in SU24 and if you use Expert mode for generation of the role then again those objects may be pulled.(make sure you never use expert mode once you delete the objects)

Actually using expert mode and choosing 'edit old status' is the only way to avoid objects being 'pulled in' after menu changes.

> As jurjen said, you may download the tables and instead of deleting the object from the excel sheet, change the value of the object in column "DELETED" = X, by doing this only the objects get inactivated(but remain in PFCG).

I am not speaking of downloading tables but about downloading roles from PFCG. This will not get you a spreadsheet but a flat textfile. If you whish to set the object status to deleted you'll have to swap the space on position 207, right behind the 'U, S, G' flag, with an 'X' for all corresponding lines.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

I missed to say that !!!

If the object is changed,maintained,standard or manually added then its necessary to maintain X aginst them.

Thanks for that.

I tried the second option, its a manual work and take lots of time.

If there are objects which are inactivated earlier it may lead to confusion.

Rakesh.