cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYSTEM_NOT_CONFIGURED_AS_XMB problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am trying to construct a simple XI Scenario as described in the following blog.

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-ii

My application is able to read the xml file but the receiver is not able to get the file.Am trying this out with a single XI server installation as this is a simple type (Netweaver 2004s, SP9).When i checked the runtime workbench i found the following messages

Time Stamp Status Description

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Success Channel cc_xmlfile_sender: Send binary file "c:\XI_FILES\SENDER\xi_input.dat". Size 188 with QoS EO

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Success Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection AFW.

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Success Trying to put the message into the send queue.

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue.

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Success File "c:\XI_FILES\SENDER\xi_input.dat" deleted after processing

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Success The application sent the message asynchronously using connection AFW. Returning to application.

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Error Received XI System Error. ErrorCode: SYSTEM_NOT_CONFIGURED_AS_XMB ErrorText: ErrorStack: System not configured as XI Integration Engine

2008-05-16 16:32:59 Error Transmitting the message to endpoint http://<sysname>:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: SYSTEM_NOT_CONFIGURED_AS_XMB:.

Can someone please help me out with this

Regards,

karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to SLD-->Business systems...and check the role of business system Web AS ABAP (tht was created during installation)...check if the role is integration server

and

go to sxi_cache and in the menu tool bar goto "GoTo" and click AE cache and see if the link is fine?

and

In the transaction sxmb_adm -> Integration Engine Configuration can you check whether that role has been defined as Integration Server.

Also you may check whether in specific configuration you may need to add Category as Runtime Engine_Type and current value as HUB

Note: reward points if solution found helpfull

Regards

Chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all the requested checks and the checks were ok,but still no luck.The receiver is still not able to receive the message.Is it necessary that i should have two installations to check this type of communication.Am still a beginner in XI ans please don't think am asking silly questions.

any help pls???

Regards

Karthik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure u r using third party business system or business service for this communication

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that reply.As given in the blog which i have mentioned earlier am using Third party systems only.But still thereceiver is not able to receive the message.

This is the response of the check integration Engine Configuration Data

Current Configuration (local):

Role of Business System: Integration Server

Client 001 is Integration Server

Corresponding Integration Server: http://<sysname>:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

System Landscape:

Role of Business System: Integration Server

http://<sysname>:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Comparison of Current Configuration with System Landscape

Role of Business System: Current Configuration = System Landscape

Corresponding Integration Server: Current Configuration = System Landscape

don't have a clue what the issue is???

Regards,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Now i have almost solved the problem that am facing.The problem is that the message queue is getting locked and so the receiving end is not able to receive the messages properly.

But still i need some help as how to avaoid this problem.Now each time i had to manually check the queue of the messaegs ans unlock them.As soon as i unlock the receving end is able to get the file.

For those who want to know the steps i performed

1)Perform tcode SXMB_MONI

2)select "Monitor for Processed XML Messages" and click on execute Function or F8

3)Again click on execute in the next page or press F8

4)Select any one row of displayed XML Messages list

5)select Goto=>QRFC Monitor

6)Select the displayed Queue checkbox and click on "Display Selection"

7)Press F5.

8)Now the Message goes to "Scheduled for OUtbound Processing State"

9)Again we need to release the queue.

8)Then the message arrives at the receiver end.

Can some one tell me how to avoid this manual unlocking of the Queue

Regards,

Karthik

Edited by: Karthikeyan Viswanathan on May 16, 2008 4:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I solved it myself.To activate the Queues do the following

1)Run TCODE sxmb_adm.

2)Click on "Manage Quesues" under Administration

3)A list of Queue items which are by default checked will get displayed.

4)Click on register Queues.

This did the trick.

The following blog helped me out with my query

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/18/steps-for-a-sound-footing-in-your-xi-project

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use a "commit work " at the end of RFC Function module.

Thanks

Sebin

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you maintained the correct SXMB_ADM settings in the application systems ?

SXMB_ADM->IntergationEngineConfiguratin->sepcific configuration.

add the following.

Category:RUNTIME Parameter:IS_URL Value: http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

chk the client of the XI business system

rgds

Arun