cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Integration & Make General Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have following questions in cProjects Accoting Integration. Request you all to clear these things.

1. What is exactly cost and revenue in cPorjects. How exactly they will be used generally.

2. Under Accounting Integration we have a activity called 'Make General settings'. Under revenue calc type, there are two options. 1. Use cProjects Cost/revenue rated. 2. Use Sales Pricing in SAP ERP. If i select the second option where i need to enter the sales pricing details in ERP.

3. Without entering the timesheet information, how to calculate the actual costs.

4. In Organization Structure in PPOME, where exactly we need to enter the cost/revenue rate for the resource.

regards,

rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh.

Some additional Information:

I have following questions in cProjects Accoting Integration. Request you all to clear these things.

1. What is exactly cost and revenue in cPorjects. How exactly they will be used generally.

>> It is the price, typicall for each unit. The cost rate has small difference with the revenue rate. During the costs calculation the program tries to the cost rate as accurate as possible, e.g. it takes the costs rate at BP instead of the org.unit, as soon as the role is staffed with a BP. The 'commited' revenue rate is used, as it is a more extenal view. E.g. you have commited with the external, that each hour charge 50 €, then this revenue rate is used, independant which BP will do the task.

2. Under Accounting Integration we have a activity called 'Make General settings'. Under revenue calc type, there are two options. 1. Use cProjects Cost/revenue rated. 2. Use Sales Pricing in SAP ERP. If i select the second option where i need to enter the sales pricing details in ERP.

>> Not known.

3. Without entering the timesheet information, how to calculate the actual costs.

>> Actual costs will never calculated :-). Using the accounting integration a controlling object is created (automatically or manually) in the ERP system and linked with the cProject object. The core is: a controlling object must exit, it collect the the actual costs, e.g. as the work is confirmed using cat2. As the controlling object is linked with cProject object, the actual costs can be SHOWED in the cProject application. The cProject uses either WBS or internal order as controlling object.

4. In Organization Structure in PPOME, where exactly we need to enter the cost/revenue rate for the resource.

>> I think, you mean the BP, where the resource is maitained. In the BP Role 'WFM 01', there is a Tab 'Cost' and you can find the input field 'Cost/Revenue rate' .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil/Zhenbo,

Thanks for your response. Sorry for getting some more doubts based on the explanation. The questions raised are as below.

1. Cost/Revenue Rate : Still not clear on this. I understood for the cost like it is the hourly or daywise billing rate. But what is the purpose of revenue rate for the project. Is it revenue allocated for resource according to the budget or somethinge else.

2. Sales Pricing in SAP ERP : I understood it can be used for the sales order quotation. I think if we select this the project costing will be done based on cost/revenue rates defined in Dynamic Item Profile (DIP).

But i have a doubt on this as well. As the DIP is useful to make the quotation which inturn may be converrted to Sales Order later in ETO scenarios. But what happens to the project if quotation couldnt get converted into Sales Order.

3.Actual Cost Calculation : Is it confirm that without using time sheet we cant get the actual cost of the project or any other way is possible. Is there any possibility to make Time Sheets entry possible into cProjects UI itself instead of going to the thick client.

4. Cost/Revenue rate for the resource : I am further confused on this point. Should we maintain the cost/revenue rate of resource in PPOME transaction or BP transaction or both the ways possible. I am not using the WFM, is it possible to maintain the Cost/Rev rate.

Zhenbo: In transaction BP, i am not seein the role called WFM 01. Any help to get that one.

regards,

rajesh.

former_member214272
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

link give information about PS module but it will clears your doubts.

1) purpose of revenue rate for the project -->

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/aa/96853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

2) Sales Pricing in SAP ERP -->

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/aa/96853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Thanks

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can maintain the Cost/Revenue rate for a Business Partner under BP Role - 'Resource'

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am not able to see a role called Resource in Transaction BP. Should i perform some activity to get this role in the list.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You would need to go into 'change' mode for creating 'Resource' role for the existing Business Partner.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I am not able to see the role called Resource in the edit mode as well. I thin we can see that role if i use WFD only. As of now i am not using WFD. Is it anything to do.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

We're not using WFD as of now, however we are able to assign cost/revenue rates to BPs with role Resources.

Try creating a new Business Partner from scratch, please let me know what all values you are able to see in BP Role dropdown.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

i have sent document to ur email which has steps to configure accounting integration..

yasar

Edited by: Yasar Arafath on May 29, 2008 9:55 PM

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vivek/Rajesh,

Both of you are correct! I am working in two boxes of 4.0. I see the BUPA role- resources in one of them only!!

It may be to do with the way in which the data is imported into the working client!! (correct me if I am wrong)

Either you ask your admin to check the SAP delivered client for the role and ask them to import Or you can create the role yourself (but it will take effort).

In 4.5, cost/rev rate functionality is enhanced. You can input the rate for a BUPA in the front end itself.

cheers,

Mathavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavan,

Now i have added another role called Resource in Business Partner customization with catgory and view called 'Resource'. Now i am able to view the cost/revenue place holder in BP. But the still i am getting the same mesaage in cProjects 'Cost/Revenue rate is not mainatained for resource -

'. Should i run replication program to make it available to cProjects or what...

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now as your BP is resource and Cost revenue attached,

try creating a new Project.

Niranjan

! Let me know if it helps !

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh:

Can you please specifiy where you get the error, if you still have one?

thanks, Mathavan

former_member214272
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

-->http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450/helpdata/en/43/054880bbe822f5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

2. Under Accounting Integration we have a activity called 'Make General settings'. Under revenue calc type, there are two options. 1. Use cProjects Cost/revenue rated. 2. Use Sales Pricing in SAP ERP. If i select the second option where i need to enter the sales pricing details in ERP

-->If you working in MTS OR ETO Scenario that time second option comes into picture . That time you create your project against that sale order and in sales order you maintain sale pricing details

To create sale order use VA01 and assign here you pricing

before that you have to do following settings in SD MODULE.

v/08 -->Pricing procedure define

ovkk --> pricing procedure assign

v/06 -->condition type

v/07 -->accesses sequence

vk11 -->condition record

3. Without entering the timesheet information, how to calculate the actual costs

-->That depend upon which type of project you Use if it is IT/design project then time sheet is must but when it related with building product or construction then costs calculation will change.

4. In Organization Structure in PPOME, where exactly we need to enter the cost/revenue rate for the resource

-->The organization Structure is define as follows

O -- organization unit

S -- position

K -- cost center

P --Person.

the HR Consultant maintain all the data when he/she creates the employ details in t code

PA10 - Personnel file

PA30 - Maintain HR Master Data

Thanks

sunil