cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI works strange when sending msgs to two different receivers versus one re

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario that requires a message to be sent to two different receivers. WHen I set this up, and run it, unwanted data is added to the payload. WHen I take one receiver away, the payload looks fine. ANy suggestions on things to check.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably this might be a problem in the mapping program that is used for two different recievers..

PS:XI doesnot provide strange..:)...We would have configured it strangely..:)...

I got this strange exception when we initially started but after some experience am able to strangely solve this strange problems..:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leander,

The scenario you are trying is unknown, so I thought I will take the example of having 2 receiver systems, one for IDOC and another for MAIL. This can be done using CONDITIONAL RECEIVER DETERMINATION and RB SPLIT

You can do the same with a BPM also, But to do this without using a BPM.

1. Create your mapping program that will map the information from the source file

into the destination idoc. This has to be a 1:N split. Just make sure that the destination message type and message interface are are of occurrence N.

2. Also, you will have 2 destination interfaces and 2 interface mapping, one for the IDOC and one for the mail.

Now, there are a few essential steps in your configuration,

1. In the receiver determination, specify the 2 receiver systems, one for your IDOC and the other for your MAIL.

2. Now, you will have a condition window. Just type the condition on the basis of which the receiver has to be determined for the mail and the idoc business system. Just remember that the condition can be specified only for the source message.

2. In the Interface Determination, you have an option called RB CLASSIC and RB SPLIT. To do a 1:N split, you will have to do a RB_SPLIT.

Thus, your solution can be devised without a BPM wich I guess is preferred because of performance issues.

You can also go through the following to understand the step by step procedure to have 2 receivers:

.<a href="/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service Inbound Interfaces within a Service</a>

<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers receiver Scenario</a>

Regards,

abhy

NOTE: If you can give me your scenario i will probably be able to make it more specific to your case

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi leander,

Can you be more specific. Can you tell us what your scenario is and what additional data is being added , so that we can trace the reason out for the same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any one have solution for this scenario?

I need this solution too.

Thanks