cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock availability and confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i have two materials PT1100 and PT1200. both have the same material master settings as follow:

1. availability check - Independent Requirements

2. procurement type - trading goods (externally procured)

3. MRP group - external

4. lead time - 7 days

5. MRP - PD

both have similar stock and order quantity situations. however, while schedule lines are confirming for PT1100, schedule lines for PT1200 are being pushed 3 months into the future despite adequate stocks. what are the possible reasons for this?

your valued inputs will be much appreciated.

thanks.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the Lead times specified in Route.

The scenario is really interesting and please donot forget to post the answer when the issue is solved.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, sankar.

the settings for the route are the same. both materials use the same set of configuration.

i suspect that the differences lie inside the customer master itself. could it have something to do with availability check against planning? how does one know if this is indeed the reason?

regards and thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you assign anything different for these materials in MRP 1, 2, 3, 4 tabs other than what you discussed above?

I feel that may give a clue as to why schedule line is created for future date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

thank you for your replies. but i do not think the problem had anything to do with lead times. i believe this had something to do with:

1. fixed quantity and dates

2. availability check against planning

i am trying to test item #1. maybe somebody can tell me more about #2?

MRP 1, 2, 3 and 4 were the first places i looked before i posted. i may still have missed something. i initially though the forecasting might have contributed to the issue, but this apparently was not the case.

please keep your ideas coming in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 3 lead times

1)In material in house production what you had maintain

2)Shipping point check 3 lead time picking packing and one more remove all lead timing

3)In sales document type in VOV8 remove that lead time

If help reward point

Ahmed