cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i read header text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can i read header text?

ie, i want to read two values that are stored as header text in purchase order.

how can i retrieve that values?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

The Fm 'READ_TEXT' is used to get the details about a Purchase document number. For example, the Details like the Employee's( to whom the PO number is assigned) nationality, the Organization code, the base salary, the work location, the job grade code, job title will be returned ny this FM. A text is read from the text file or text memory with this function module. It must be described fully by specifying OBJECT, NAME, ID, and LANGUAGE. When header information and text lines have been read successfully, they are transferred to the work areas HEADER and LINES. See the following code... Data : wf_oldpo type THEAD-TDNAME, fs_readhead type THEAD, int_line1 type table of TLINE with header line, CALL FUNCTION 'READ_TEXT' EXPORTING CLIENT = sy-mandt id = 'F01' language = sy-langu name = wf_oldpo " 6360003191 object = 'EKKO' ARCHIVE_HANDLE = 0 IMPORTING HEADER = fs_readhead tables lines = int_line1 EXCEPTIONS ID = 1 LANGUAGE = 2 NAME = 3 NOT_FOUND = 4 OBJECT = 5 REFERENCE_CHECK = 6 WRONG_ACCESS_TO_ARCHIVE = 7 OTHERS = 8. All the details will be there in int_line1 and u can this for copying to new PO number

Hope this helps u.. Reward points if useful Regards, Eshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Eshwar

thanks...........

but pls tell me about the following values

EXPORTING

• CLIENT = SY-MANDT

id =

language =

name =

object =

IMPORTING

• HEADER =

tables

lines =

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

You can the values for these parameters in the table TTXID. The pamareter HEADER is of type THEAD.

Regards,

Aravinda Sarma M.

Answers (0)