cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old confirmations are not visible after user ID is recreated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We had an user which was recreated and the old user ID was deleted. But the old userID had some open confirmations in it. We have changed the GUID of the old user with the new user GUID. So though we can view all shopping carts for the user in SC check status, we cant view the old open confirmations in confirmations link in web frontend.

Please advise if any specific steps needs to be taken to view the old confirmations.

Best regards,

Sambit Mishra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Another way of looking at this is why was the user deleted and re-created?

What you could do is stop deleting users, even if the user leaves.

I have done that at a client for this reason before.

What you can do is block users and set the validity dates as expired if they leave or whatever.

That way it does not break the links to the BP and GUID and so on, but there is no way the user can log in.

If the user does get a new requirement to use the system they can simply be unblocked.

Then, after the user has not had to be unlocked for a period of time, I think we chose 3 months, delete the user.

This will not help your current issue but would stop it happening again.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Each user gets assigned a business partner by USERS_GEN or when it is first replicated from HR.

If the user is deleted and created again they probablyhave a new BP.

You could try and assign the old BP in PPOMA_BBP by clicking the users position and assigning, but as a general rule you normally lose all history of carts and confirmations when a user is deleted and re-created.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case the user has two BPs i.e. old and new in the system. I had an idea that changing user's Old GUID to New GUID should transfer the all old documents to the new user but in this case though shopping carts are transferred but backend documents still refer to the old GUID.

Any idea how we can sort this out ?

Best regards,

Sambit Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I do not think you will be able to transfer any old documents to the new user, however you might be able to get the new user assigned to the old data.

You could try and delete the assignment from position to BP for the new BP, then re-assign the old BP, then assign the new user.

I am not sure if it will work though.

There are several threads like this on SDN and I do not think I have seen 1 where anyone has managed to transfer the old documents.

Could you give the user central goods receipt BBPCF03? That way they will be able to see all confirmations for all users.

If you really want a permanent solution to this and the above does not work, you could create a custom authorisation object called "View own confirmations only" and put this in a role along with BBPCF03 access. Then you could use BADI BBP_WF_LIST to say that if the user has this auth object they are only allowed to see their own confirmations, so in transaction BBPCF03 make sure that the user ID that created the confirmation equals the user ID logged on. That means that in central receipt the user will only be able to see and process their own data, but it will be based on user ID, not BP or GUID.

Regards,

Dave.