cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent system does not show valid roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Until yesterday all was working ok, yes a few problems but nothing too serious, however something has changed I do not know where or what, but what happens is that when assigning roles to users, the parent system does not reflect any roles / profiles. It keeps on displaying the messages "role ** does not exist".

If you leave the system blank and do a search you find all the roles, but when you select any one of those, it comes back and say the system does not exist (as it is blank)

If the CUA is de-activated, the roles are there they can be assigned but now tih CUA.

The child systems works fine, you see the roles you can link and distibute them it is just that you cannot select any local roles as it says no values found.

In SCUM the settings are set to Global.

Please can anybody tell me what is it what causes this?

Rather urgnet assistance required please.

We are on Release 700 so all the notes in previous links should already be included in our current patch levels.

Thanks

Sonja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check SAP note 1454093 - CUA|SU01: Incorrect short texts for roles and profiles.

Best Regards

Gabriela A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We faced similar problem.

If child system is changed then do text comparison from CUA using SU01 and give the changed child sytem as target system

If roles/profiles are changed then then do a text comparison for CUA central system from PFCG of child system.

Look for CUA logs from tcode SCUL.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if your solution provided will solve our probem.

What happens is we have our DEV system that is also our CUA system.

When creating a user through SU01 (without CUA) the system lists the roles for this system.

However when we activate the CUA, and we list the same roles, it says "no values found" .

It does not read the roles / profiles from from the CUA system once the CUA is activated.

You can choose any of those profiles, and GOTO SU02 or PFCG and it will be displayed, but in SU01 it comes back and says "no values found"

This has got nothing to do with the child systems as they are working 100% it is the parent system having this problem.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I am having the same issue. Did you find the answer ?

Best Regards, Manuel

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonja,

Check SCUL logs and SCUA to see that the child systems are ok.

Have you perform a text comparision to the roles in order to have them in Sync?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

In SCUL it is only complaining about user parameters within the Child system that does not exist, but also only for 5 or so users, all the others ran successfull.

The text comparison was done, and still the local system roles (DEV) does not show. The child system roles are listed but not the Parent system.

I have even run PFUD to do a role / profile comparison, but still no luck

Thanks

Sonja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether all ur cua rfcs are working fine or not.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the RFC connections are working, we have set it up as trusted systems, and when doing a remote logon it takes me throught to the relevant system.

I have only linked the 1 system to the CUA and that is the BW system, but the BW roles I can see, it is the DEV system where our CUA resides that I cannot see the roles.