cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Interface - new fields not being passed to backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an Inbound RFC interface, with which I confirgured all the scenarios and it worked fine. Later I had to add some new fields to the interface (Import Parameter - Table Type). I imported this modified RFC to the IR, refreshed the Message mapping and Interface Mapping - and also defined mappings for the new field.

When I run the scenario for this - I see that the target message is formed correctly (checked in sxmb_moni) - with the new fields. However when the message reaches the target system as RFC call, there are no values for these new fields (I checked it in the debug mode).

Why does this happen? What happens when the target RFC-XML message is sent to backend as RFC?

Is there anything more steps that I have to do when I change the RFC interface structure?

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Check whther your maping workingin IR.

check what ever new fields you added in RFC check is that working fine through execute the FM and test the FM.. there you cxan find weather u r changes working or not...

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mapping is working fine. I have tested it in the mapping tool. Even at runtime the target message is formed correctly.

Also the FM executed properly when executed standalone or in remote mode.

Regards,

Pradeep

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

try to check the FM with same data what ever u using in the message ..

you can find out wether it is prob with data or any configuaration problem.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you need to refresh the adapter engine cache....try it

regards

chandrakanth.k