cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two sender files and combined to get one output file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying with two sender files and combined together to get one output file at the receiver. How to proceed.Please guide me.

Regards,

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan

You can use a receive step in a loop to receive two messages that come one after the other, or you can also define a correlation to receive the two exact messages you want to map together(ie. map the messages that have the same purchase order number).

Afterwards define a transformation step to define a mapping of those. You need to use a message mapping that defines a 2:1 mapping; you can set the number of messages to be mapped in the "Messages" tab of the message mapping. Then map the fields as you like and use it in your transformation step.

At last, you may use value mapping to map 1 to Mr, 2 to Miss etc. but this is another question and a long answer. You can find more information here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Using N:1 multimapping

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

The other condition can be handled easily using standard functions - equals, constant, if etc

As I understand your requirement, you want to combine two messages into one.

If both of the messages have the same structure, then, in BPM, you can use a while loop which contains the receive step followed by the container step into which the messages will be collected. You can use "APPEND" option in the container step. After the while loop, use a transformation step and then followed by the send step.

Now for the loops, you can go with a Time-Dependent, Message-Dependent or Payload-Dependent Loops. Now, that depends on your business requirement.

For this scenario to work, you need to create a correlation, for which the two incoming messages should have one field in common and also should contain the same value. Else, it would fail.

If that is not the case, then in the correlation, define a constant and set it's value to 1 for both of the messages. This will make it work.

Check out the Integration Processes BPMPatternCollectTime, BPMPatternCollectPayload, BPMPatternCollectMessage under the http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Pattern of the SAP BASIS Software component.

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

Thanks

If helpful kindly reward points

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

I have little different view on this. Mapping without BPM from 1 to N is possible but vice versa is not possible without BPM. You have to use BPM if it is 3 x 1 scenario. Please refer this thread for more details.

So, for this scenario you need to use BPM with corelation..

And for the BPM config steps you can use the above blogs and for corelation just have a search in SDN blogs you will find more.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for all the replies, but can any one give me the exact steps to do the BPM portion.Now my doubt is clear that without BPM i can not do merging of the messages and correlation. I need the BPM for this. Please guide me for the BPM process.

Regards,

Nutan

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look into these blogs and links

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/de/766840bf0cbf49e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

you can design the ccBPM. To know more about Correlation -with e.g

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/64373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

i hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan champia,

This requirement is looking for Message Merging,

(when two inputs are merging and transfer to one output)

Message Merging & Message Spilting are by using BPM (Business Process Management).

take the three data types & three message types, two outbound interfaces for two input messages & one inbound interface for inbound messages.

and abstract interfaces are created for BPM scenarios ,

created three abstract interfaces.

---> we can create INTEGRATION PROCESS

1) Select the steps

Receive1 -

>Receive2- transform- send

Regards,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can use multi mapping for the same .As multimapping is supported on XI without BPM also .

Just check what SP are you using as It is supported by SP14 and above of XI 3.0

Note: reward points if solution found helpfull

Regards

Chandrakanth.k

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I am developing JDBC to IDOC Scenario,

I want to update the One table information in 2 idoc's, Tow idoc's one is MATAMAS, other is CREMAS.

Two IDOC's in one R/3 Only..how to do this one....without BPM we can do it?

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two IDOC's in one R/3 Only..how to do this one....without BPM we can do it?

We can do this without BPM.You can create 2 individual mappings and do the neccsary configuration.

ambili_jose
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

You can do message merge using BPM .

Refer the following link:-

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2034] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Ambili

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use BPM for this......

Check my posts in the below thread..