cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External number range for Billing type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard we can only enter internal number range. Is it possible to enter external number and assign it to billing type.

Regards

Debasish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Even by using userexit also, i believe, it is not possible to use external number range for billing documents. Either you can use different number ranges under different conditions(like plant wise) by using a userexit.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I know that for the scenario that U propose there is FORM USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE USING US_RANGE_INTERN in RV60AFZZ.

Thanks

Arthur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In the menu where you define the number range for billing documents, at the IMG activity documentation we find the answer:

"Number assignment for billing documents can only be carried out internally, that is, the SAP System automatically assigns a consecutive number from the defined number range."

Arthur.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sunil76
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Debashish,

Its possible to maintain the External billing number range as you had mentioned through user exit, you can also maintain Ztable where u maintain the billing type, plant, year and object.

you can use this user exit USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZZ).

I hope this would help you, if yes please reward accordingly

Regards

sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

I agree that you can use USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE to manage the number range, but in main program SAPLSNR3, include LSNR3F01 apears the next code:

IF NRIV-EXTERNIND <> SPACE.

MESSAGE E752 RAISING NUMBER_RANGE_NOT_INTERN.

ENDIF.

This code means that you can not pass over if the number range is external.

Can you be more specific about the solution you found?

Arthur

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i am not sure if external number ranges are possible in billing types. whether it is possible or not, it is not best practice. it is preferable to have billing documents internally assigned, since this conforms to accounting, audit and legal requirements.

in any case, we will continue to look at the possibilities.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please reward the points if you feel this answer help ful for you.

Go to transaction snro. in that maintain number ranges what eve you want and mark as extenernal in that after that go to vofa in that select the tab as number range inter assingmeent in that assingn your number range what you assign in that.

Please reward help ful

Thanks & Regards

rack29

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Debasish,

Yes we can have external nuber range also,

Go to VN01 here you can define your own nuber range for billing document then you need to check Ext check box if you want external nuber range.

Finnaly you assign that nuber range No to your billing document.

Now you can enter external number in the VF01

Normally internal number range will be prepered

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

After creating new external num. range and assign it to billing type, when I create a billing doc :the number field is in display mode and when i try to save the doc the syster gives the messege "Please specify an internal number range"..

and throw me out of the screen.

regards

debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish,

Have U solve you're problem. I'm having the same problem and I'd be thankful if you'd tell me the tricks how to repair it.

Thanks.

Arthur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

I've not solved the problem yet.But I think USEREXIT will be required.. I told my ABAPER to do this.Once I get the result, I will definitely post you.

Thanks & Regards

debasish