cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multivalues....Yes....URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a field is made as multivalued it sends the remote keys of all the selections in the list separated with commas.....as.....X,T,Y

I want to remove the commas that are used for separating and send the value as.....TXY

Note:I want to get the commas removed and remote key values to be sorted as XTY ,...........to TXY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagalaxshmi,

Here is a workaround,

In MDM Syndicator, Firstly you have to make use of "Split Multi Valued field" for right clicking on the field Say ABC as it contains three values as you said X, T, Y Split this Multi valued field into "3" , you will get ABC, ABC, and ABC where ABC contains X, ABC contains T and ABC{[3} contains Y. Now you want to send the value as send the value as.....TXY So now make a custom field Say PQR in Custom Items Tab. where under Properties Pane , In Formula ->Select Fields-> Here you also select ABC, ABC, and ABC inany format . Suppose if you want TXY then Select first ABC then ABC, and in last ABC.

Now in Item Mapping, At the last Source Items Mapped you will get this Custom Field (Blue color) with name PQR here you can match this Custom Field "PQR" to the corresponding target Destination Fierld.

Hope it helps you,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont want to arrange the keys in manually,

they have to sort ascendingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagalaxshmi,

I am not sure then will it be achieveable in MDM. but if you want to sent this XTY in sorted order to Target R/3 Sytem and PI is into Picture then in PI u can make use of Graphical Mapping where you can write A UDF( User Defined Function) in which you can make use of Array which will contain this Values X, T, Y then further you can Sort this array values

using for loop e.g. for (int i = 0; i < arrayToSort(Any String Variable).length; i++) After sorting this you can then Put this into Variable then map this UDF with source (here MDM field)with the Target R/3 Field. I am not Quite sure will it work. It is just a workaround. Check with your PI(XI) People.

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (0)