cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive file with errors in sender file adapter not working! please help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a file to RFC scenario. the input is a XML file. I have setup the flag in sender file adapter channel for archiving the input files with errors. But it is not working.

For testing I have used an invalid xML file for example without the main XML tag. I have also tested with a MSWORD file saved with.xml extension. But in both the cases the files are not getting archived.

My archive location permissions are fine and in fact normal archive operation is happening. That is, if I select the processing mode as "Archive" and gave the Archive directory then files are getting archived. The problem is only with the "Archive faulty source files" option.

What am I missing? DO I need to do some more configurations?

What are the prerequisites if any for this option?

How to test this?

Please help me! I will be greatfull to you all!

Thanks & Regards

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archive Source Files with Errors :

To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, set the indicator.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content ie any invalid method or any wrong conversion parameters etc...., or in a module in the module processor.

So that option will work for permanant errors.

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would also like to know the criteria for the "Archive faulty source files" option. For what error conditions will this option gets triggered?

Thanks

Gopal

Edited by: gopalkrishna baliga on May 16, 2008 6:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

and go thru this links

Creating a Single Archive of the Version Files

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/79/1e7aecc315004fb4966d1548447675/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/31/8aed3ea86d3d67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Note: reward points if solution found helpfull

Regards

Chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can you check if those files have read only attributes,if so you cannot or archive and set to modify mode

Note: reward points if solution found helpfull

Regards

Chandrakanth.k

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrakanth,

All the file and archive shared server permissions are fine. They are give full permissions.

Thanks

Gopal