cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent-BAPI_SCEC_CREATE-SC in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM Folks,

Our users needs to enter more than 300 line items in the shopping carts. So we are thinking about following solution.

User will enter all required information in a spread sheet and save it in a txt file.

We will develop a custom program to upload the txt file and create a Shopping cart in SRM 5.0. We are using classic scenario, so PR/PO are created in the backend ECC 6.0 system. Once shopping cart is created it should go to normal SRM workflow for approval. I believe we can use BAPI_SCEC_CREATE to create shopping in the background, now I would like to know whether this BAPI will route the shopping cart to normal workflow process for approval? If yes, then what parameters I have to pass to route the SC to normal Workflow process. I have to develop the Proof of concept for this project. Does anyone has sample code where they have used BAPI_SCEC_CREATE to create SC in background. If yes, then can you please give me your email address.

Any help is greatly appreciated and points will be rewarded....

Thank you

GM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM Folks,

We are using classic scenario in SRM 5.5.

Any idea why I am getting an error : Select a location to which a plant has been assigned when I execute BAPI-BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL?

Points will be rewarded for helpful tips...

Thanks...

GM

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think the error is for "storage location" but it is binding you do at the extended attributes between the backend plant under extended attributes ---> location. There is something wrong in the defaulted location(plant). Please verify.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls see the foll thread for more details;

/message/3086605#3086605 [original link is broken]

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imthiaz,

I created a program and calling BAPI-BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL. I am getting following errors...

00001 E 083

No G/L account was entered. Enter a G/L account

00001 E 358

Select a location to which a plant has been assigned

00001 E 822

Error in account assignment for item 1

000000 1

I have set up default company code, plant, and storage location to that plant in my users attributes.. When I create the SC normally using ITS.. I always get my defaults in the drop down then it should pick it up when I pass my usrid in the above BAPI.

Please help.. this is urgent...

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!

GM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. It might not be ideal, but you can use function BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES to read the default plant, cost centre and so on for the user and pass the values to the BAPI using your program.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BAPI-BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL is reading the users default attributes.... I debug the BAPI and found out that even though I am defaulting storage location for my default plant in my usrid attributes still looks like it is not picking the default storage location.... Is there any other settings we have to do in SRM at plant level to default the storage location or I have to do some other settings in SRM?

Please help me to resolve this errors....This is very urgent...

Thanks in advance!

GM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Please see this thread:

/message/5343725#5343725 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

In the above thread it is not using BAPI_SCEC_CREATE, it is using BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL in which we have to pass usrid and SC defaults the orgnanization and accounting attributes from the users attributes but I want to pass different cost center information for each line item of the SC so I don't think, I can use the BBP_PD_SC_CREATE_EXTERNAL.

Can someone please help me to find out whether I can use BAPI_SCEC_CREATE to upload SC and it will route to the normal SC WF process... It will be highly appreciated if you send me the sample code.

Thanks in advance!

GM

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps this may help you.

Regards, IA