cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move TMS Domain Controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to move the TMS Domain Controller from one system to another. Basically we had some issues with development and what it boils down to is that System Running as TMS Domain Controller needs to be rebuild to so we need to move the Domain Controller to another System in the landscape. Anyone have any info on how to do this? I have searched OSS without any luck. I am assuming I will just have to delete the transport configuration on all the systems in the landscape and redo it.

Thanks in advance,

Issac Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To move the transport domain controller. Add a backup transport domain controller to your TMS config. If this is done then activate the backup transport domain controller so that it becomes the TMS transport domain controller.

That's it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DUH!! I should have realized that. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we were wondering whether there are any 'best practices' on where to have your domain controllers?

Is it best to have your PRD system to act as domain controller?

Or can we have our DEV systems as domain controller?

-> What are the benefits of prd domain controller?

At our company, the domain controllers are on the DEV servers.

Now, because of high availibility they want to change the domain controllers from DEV to PRD pillar.

BUT, ... we've got solution manager ChARM in place.

Will the move operation affect the charm way of working in any way?

thanks in advance for any tips & tricks or suggestions.

David De Boel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Issac,

You can move the domain controller only when its in function. If not we need to reconfigure it as u have said.

Kindly refer the below SAP Help link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/36/22cdf2e00311d184800000e8a57770/frameset.htm

Also these thread could help you

regards,

Anand