cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local SLD -Missing Jco information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question with regards to our scenario..We have a 4 system lanscape with SND,DEV,QAS,PRD sytems and Solman 4.0. We have the central SLD setup in the solman We are currently having ESS in the SND portal which is installed on a stand alone Java stack. So if the Solman is down, the ESS in the SND portal does'nt work. So i setup a SLD bridge between Solman - SLD and the SND -SLD with the hope that the ESS would work even if the solman goes down. I can now see all the systems and the corresponding information (under technical systems ) in the SND-SLD, as can be seen in the SOLMAN-SLD. Only important thing that is missing is the Jco connection information in the SND-SLD, which can be seen in the SOLMAN -SLD.

Now whenever a user accesses the ESS application in the SND portal, it takes the JCo destination information from the central SLD which is in the Solman. Is it posssible that in case the Solman -SLD goes down, the local SND-SLD can help the ESS application in the SND portal to locate the Jco destination. (Because in the Webdynpro Content Administrator of the SND portal in the " Check SLD Connection " i can see information for the Solman -SLD .) What additional configuration needs to be done so that i can include SND-SLD information as well along with the SOLMAN-SLD.

Please suggest.....

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

You need to change your settings in the SLD Data Supplier service in Visual admin on SND system. Give the appropriate settings to connect to the local SLD. Then you can see the correct SLD when you do the test connection in SND. Also, you should setup that your central SLD send data to the local SLD on SND (you need to add SND SLD URL in the data suppliers tab in the CEN). Hope this helps

- Sai Kondapi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Thanks for the reply...yes i am aware that i need to change the settings in the SLD Data Supplier service in Visual admin on SND system so that it points to itself.But i am unsure if the ESS/MSS would work without the JCo destination information available in the SND-SLD.As i previously mentioned, i have set up the SND-SLD to receive the data from the Solman-SLD via the SLD Bridge.I can see all the systems and their information in the SND-SLD but i cannot the the Jco destinations in the SND-SLD for the portal systems.since the Jco information is not available in the SND-SLD the ESS/MSS in the SND portal would fail.....

Regards,

Mangesh