cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a weird printer issue. I will try to make it sound as simple as possible. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

1. We have stores and each store has multiple computers.

2. Computer A can print from SAP to Printer(s) while Computer B cannot.

3. It doesnot matter who logs in to Computer B, the print fails nevertheless. (Which implies that it is not an authorization issue)

4. The same spool request can be reprinted with direct processing from another computer to the same printer ( Which means the printer is not the problem)

5. The same user can print the same spool from another computer (Again, not an authorization issue or in other words not related to user login)

6. The same spool request prints from another comp to another printer. (Eliminates printer being bad possibility)

7. The printers print just fine from Windows on the same machine (test page etc).

Sounds like a GUI to printer communication issue right ? We have reinstalled the GUI and that still hasn't fixed it.

Is any one aware of any possible communication issues of these kind? I am also including the spool log

Job status:

Area: Unknown

Printout: Unknown

Last event:

Date: 05/15/2008

Date: 05/15/2008

Time: 09:47:01

Error class: Information

Area: SAP Spool

Printout: Not printed

Thank you all

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kunal,

This hint may help you and sorry if not.

If the printout format type (i.e) i mean the output type for example A4 or Landscape may vary between these computers at OS level. So the output request was not able to generate though everything was fine. Hope we set this at OS level.

regards,

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the main reason was that both TCP/IP PrintServerService and SAPLPD are using IP Port 515. You should also consider to change to using SAPSPRINT as the Deamon on your windows Server and/or SAPFPRINT for Workstation instead of SAPLPD. All 3 can be started with a different IP Port while TCP/IP Service can only if you go down to registry in windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if SAPLPD on computer B is working properly or not. Try re-installing the gui.

It may help you.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Than you everyone for your help. It was actually a service on Windows that was running and needed to be disabled. It is called TCP/IP print service that needed to be disabled. Looks like it was blocking saplpd and would not let it start.

Edited by: Kunal Belnekar on May 19, 2008 9:44 AM