cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Blob from Oracle database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a VC application that connects to oracle database and pulls out data using a query. My main problem is one of the fields in the database is a Blob and the query retrieves the data just as a string. I need to convert this data into a pdf document and display it to the user.

Any ideas how this can be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti,

today I get the answer from SAP. At the moment BLOB are not supported. It could be that it will be supported with CE EhP1, but this is no offical information.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcel,

Thanks for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanti,

I think Visual Composer can't handle BLOB as data type. I think it's difficult to do this with VC because you don't know the content of a BLOB it could be a video, audio file or whatever. I think therefore you have to use a workaround, e.g. a webdynpro application which has access via JDBC to your oracle database in Web Dynpro you have all the data types and you can display the PDF document in an iframe.

Visual Composer is a tool for Business Experts or SAP call them also the Super Users, that means they are no developers resp. haven't the technical background as a software engineer so it makes sense that the user haven't to handle all the different data types and so on. But it is an interesting question and I will forward a message to the product management, maybe they have a solution for future releases of Visual Composer.

Best Regards,

Marcel